So.. ideas on getting subs to fit?

313Speed

Banned
So I have my system... I planned on selling it to a friend months ago, but he never paid up. So I got it today... guess what, 12" subs in a standard box just don't fit. Idea's???? There is only 11" of clearance at the back of the trunk. Can I remove that plastic molded case on the top of the trunk? It appears somehow related to the Mach setup.

Ideas on a place to get ideas? So far, I plan on tapping the Mach system with a line convertor. I have an MTX two channel crossover to get the bass signals only. I'm gonna run my 2 Phoenix Gold XS2500 1000 watt amps to each of my JL12W6 subs... should give me a nice peak output close to 2500 watts (got a couple farad caps to help the alternator).

I just gotta figure out how it's all going to fit!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I had beat in my Cobra for a while, until I realized I wanted to lose the weight. I had no problem fitting 2 12's in my trunk with a Q Logic box I bought from Circuit City for $100. Very nice quality box and it slipped right in. It also made my HX2's sound very clean and deep. Or you could have a shop custom build you a box that will replace your rear seat, if that is un-needed space anyway.

313Speed

Banned
Weight's not much of an issue for me. I'm moving from '6200 feet to sea level in a month or so.. so I'll be getting alot more power then I'm used to. Through in the RPMoutlet E kit I plan on getting... who cares about the subs.

The Qlogic box? My box is an old circuit city one as well... not sure if it's that one. I'll have to check on it this week... I'd rather not go custom just yet.

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
I don't know it you still have the stock head unit?

I do and decided not to go aftermarket. I was able to pick up the Mach 1000 upgrade that was pulled out of an '02 GT that had a nasty front end collision.

You can find these in a bunch of places. Ebay has them for anywhere from $350-$550. They come with the two subs and 4 amps plus the amp rack.

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
JL audio makes what they call a "stealth box" that is molded to shape of our trunks. It usually comes with one of their subs already, but you might be able to get just the box. At the very least, it would be a good site to check out.

Users who are viewing this thread