So I went to the track...

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Showed up at the local 1/8 (DFW) 30 minutes before closing and got 5 runs in.
Mods are: catted x, lm1's, CAI. Tires were NT555's 285/40/17. EDIT: car dynoed at 300 rwhp
Oh and this was my first time at a strip. (TWS ftw)
The tires had been through two weekend events on the open track and were definitely heat ****ed. I didn't feel like dropping the air from 35 psi because it was my first time but here is my best ET and MPH runs:
r/t-------.436
60'-------2.308
330------6.090
MPH------61.94
1/8 ET----8.962
MPH------80.34

Well it looks like I lost my best MPH slip but it was a 81.94 MPH with a 9.05 ET.
Wheel Hop is a bitch...
Definitely enjoyed it but I need gears badly.
Also my worst 60' was a 3.344 hahah (forgot to take traction control off while attempting a burnout so there was still a bit of water on the tires when i went to "launch")

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
work on that 60!!!!

i used to drop my 555rs down to 18psi and i cut some 1.9 short times but i was never real aggressive on the launch. don't drive through the wheel hop man...or you will be trailering her home with a broken halfshaft!...you gotta ride the clutch out while applying throttle...that worked for me to combat wheelhop

BTW Zinc Yellow is the fastest color don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Ironhand

Banned
work on that 60!!!!

i used to drop my 555rs down to 18psi and i cut some 1.9 short times but i was never real aggressive on the launch. don't drive through the wheel hop man...or you will be trailering her home with a broken halfshaft!...you gotta ride the clutch out while applying throttle...that worked for me to combat wheelhop

BTW Zinc Yellow is the fastest color don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Lol. Yup, its so fast it used to almost lose to stock 03s with 100hp less on street tires.

Op: it will take several trips to the track to get your 60s down and to feel more comfortable. Once you find your "zone" things will start to come together for you.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Thanks for the advice! The next time I go I'll probably be on NT05's. I'm actually debating between them and NT555R's. My friend in a 2000 A4 Z28 was on toyo DR's cutting 1.9 60;s (no stall) and an ET of 8.5
It was a lot of fun but the slack in the drivetrain on launch made me cringe alot.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Lol. Yup, its so fast it used to almost lose to stock 03s with 100hp less on street tires.

Op: it will take several trips to the track to get your 60s down and to feel more comfortable. Once you find your "zone" things will start to come together for you.

i wouldnt call reeling you in from 3 lengths back and beating you by 2 lengths at the trap almost losing lol

jesus i did everything wrong that day at the track and i still beat you twice lol
IIRC you treed me and cut a 1.8 60 to my 2.1 and i still beat you lol

Ironhand

Banned
i wouldnt call reeling you in from 3 lengths back and beating you by 2 lengths at the trap almost losing lol

jesus i did everything wrong that day at the track and i still beat you twice lol
IIRC you treed me and cut a 1.8 60 to my 2.1 and i still beat you lol

Not bad for my 3rd pass down the track I think. However I'm moving up north soon. Care for a rematch?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Not bad for my 3rd pass down the track I think. However I'm moving up north soon. Care for a rematch?

christ we would both die...the roads are up here so bad i think i need new kidneys..i have only put 200 miles on my car since i moved up here 2 years ago...i think i drove it 5 times last year

Users who are viewing this thread