So I went to check the oil last night...

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I do that from time to time. I like to look at the pretty yellow color. :)

I pulled on the dipstick and the whole tube moved!!

I had my car in to be checked for the tick, and they left the little screw that attaches the tube to the side of the engine loose. I'm sure they had to move it to work, but.... it wasn't like that BEFORE it went in.

So much for attention to detail. I tried to check every single bolt that might be involved in removing the valve cover, and didn't find any others loose. Let's hope this was the only thing they forgot to tighten.... :bash: :bash:

I tightened her down.

I'm just venting, and reaffirming why I hate to take mine in...

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Hey, I usually pick up a screwdriver or socket left in the engine compartment every time the dealer services MY cars. One time, I got a whole 1/2" ratchet.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Years ago when I had some warranty work done on my Camaro SS396, I heard a rattle up near the front of the car. I looked around and spotted a tool between the radiator and fan shroud. It was a nice 1/2" drive Snap-On torque wrench. Anytime I have any warranty work done on my vehicles, when I get it home I check the area where the work was done for loose, missing, misaligned parts. Never hurts to check.

Users who are viewing this thread