So I want more(power) but can't decide(how).

Quagmire

Established Member
So obviously, you can't go wrong with more hp. My goal is a very streetable terminator, with around 600-700 rwhp.
1. Whipple 2.3, running 17 psi.
2. Kennebell 2.6h
3. 125 shoot of Nos
4. Complete engine tear down and prep for whipple 2.9

I am very partial to selling my ported eaton and picking up a used gen II for 2k. Any input or advice would be nice.

cbr repsol

Established Member
i got a 2.3 pullied for 17#'s and didnt make the 600rwhp club...im on 91 oct...mods in my sig. Im going to turn it up to 21#'s on e85 and hopefully see close to 700rwhp. My vote is 2.3....if u got a lot of money to do it right then my next vote is 2.9 with built motor.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
A whipple 2.9 should net you 630-650rwhp on 18-19psi 93 pump with your stock motor. You shouldn't have problem with your stock motor depending on your driving habits and your tune being on point.

89slowgt331

Established Member
Really 2.9 on stock? I feel that would be a waste not using max boost?

unless you find a great deal on a used 2.3 I would run the 2.9, 18-19 psi stock pulley stock engine, lower IAT's then the 2.3 and room to grow. This is coming from a guy with a 2.3 gen 2, i am about to sell it though.
2.9 will be fine with a stock engine just go easy on the timing curve.

nitrous is cheap make good power and a fun track car but you will grow to miss the power, and if you run into a street challange and dont have the bottle open you might be kicking yourself.

03mgtermi

Established Member
a stock motor will survive a 2.9 no problem as long as your tune is right, and you don't bounce it off the rev limiter all day.

plus it gives you room to build the motor and up the boost down the road for some huge power when 600 something isn't enough anymore.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I think a used 2.6 KB would be a good size for a stock motor used mainly on the street. A deal on a used 2.9 Whipple would be hard to come by as they are pretty new.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
So obviously, you can't go wrong with more hp. My goal is a very streetable terminator, with around 600-700 rwhp.
1. Whipple 2.3, running 17 psi.
2. Kennebell 2.6h
3. 125 shoot of Nos
4. Complete engine tear down and prep for whipple 2.9

I am very partial to selling my ported eaton and picking up a used gen II for 2k. Any input or advice would be nice.

If you have the scratch then my vote is number 4 if you want reliable 700+ hp. PM me if you want the complete details on what I'm doing to mine as I am going through the same process. I'm not a big fan of NOS unless it's for the track cause like the other member stated unless you have that bottle open lines cleared and pressure up then you will never utililize it on the street. I am also partial to the Whipple as I had the 2.3 for 4 years and you will make great power on pump 93 and 17lbs of boost. The KB I dont have any personal experience with but I am confident that it to will meet your power goals of 600+.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Any TS with good boost and E85 will get you 650-700+ fairly easy.

Hell, my little kb 2.2 makes great power

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
I am seeing that i got a lot of thinking to do. The ideal setup i would like would be 650-675 rwhp, with decent torque but can drive daily with no problem. The nos crossed my mine because i wouldnt use it all the time, but i see now that i would miss that power.
So what i am hearing is that i wouldn't get the power out of the 2.3? I am putting a little over 500/500 right now, so i think 40-50 more hp wouldn't be a great improvement?

Leaning towards the 2.9 on stock, but i do like quick strike's idea of picking up a used 2.6.

2.6 net what 630s on 17-19 psi?

Crusher9008

Established Member
I know this is an old thread but i was hoping to see if anyone happen to have more input on this because i'm doing the same thing right now debating on what to do.

moonltgold

Whipple 2.3 can get you there. I have over 560 rwhp on a 2.3 with no pulley (13 lbs, 63 psi injectors, BAP, cold air and full exhaust), so a pulley should get you over 600.

Anabolic

Banned
i should be by around 600 with 2.3 140AX, 8.5:1 manly pistons, .010 over full exhaust, intake.. estimatedc 580.. next step is meth cooler and return style fuel setup seen 900+ outa the 2.3 whipple...

Crusher9008

Established Member
What do you plan to do?

with my ported eaton, jlt cf intake, 2.73 blower pully, high flow cat off road h pipe exuast, 3.73 rear gears, on 93 pump gas. Right now im at 484rwhp/466rwtq
I plan on putting a lower crank pully along with porting the stock throttle body then tune it, and try to get over 500 rw hp/tq, then in the fall im gonna look into a 2.9 crusher set up, (kinds fits my profile name..lol) but other than the set up im not sure about fuel delivery, injectors, suspension needed for that set up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mach1033

Established Member
with my ported eaton, jlt cf intake, 2.73 blower pully, high flow cat off road h pipe exuast, 3.73 rear gears, on 93 pump gas. Right now im at 484rwhp/466rwtq
I plan on putting a lower crank pully along with porting the stock throttle body then tune it, and try to get over 500 rw hp/tq, then in the fall im gonna look into a 2.9 crusher set up, (kinds fits my profile name..lol) but other than the set up im not sure about fuel delivery, injectors, suspension needed for that set up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you get say a posi race port and his dragon throttle body with a 2.76 upper and 4lb lower then you will no doubt surpass 500 HP/tq. Supporting fuel mods would be 60lb injectors, bap, Cai/Rai of your choice and maf of your choice. As far as mods needed for a 2.9 with stock upper then the 60's are fine but the bap with stock pumps are done. You would need the gt pumps with either a modified fpdm or two fpdm. You would also need to modify your stock hat or get a fore to install the pumps. Or you can go with lethals budget return system. Now if you decide to boost that 2.9 then 80's are a must. If you happen to have scored on a fore hat with gt pumps then you can add a gt500 bap to push the gt pumps. Or if you went with the return then you be fine with the 80's upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread