so i just graduated college...

i3ooivl

Established Member
Got my B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Florida.

yay.

And now i'm starting work at the new company in Fort Walton Beach Florida on January 2nd. Any body out that way wanna hang out??

PS.... new company is DRS technologies (www.drs.com). I'm going to be making test equipment for F-22's. Alot more fun than HVAC i'll tell you that much

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Nice man, I'm workin my way there. I have one final left on the 20th in fluid mechanics. Tryin to get my ME BS at University of Maryland CP. Sounds like an awesome job. Only a year and a half left!

i3ooivl

Established Member
oh yes.... its a bitchin place.

2 minutes from the beach, we get every other friday off (thats right- 2 3 day weekends a month), a 6% matching 401k, and a load of other benifits.

not to mention i have a condo on the beach down there ;-).... oh its a rough life i lead

Svets96

Established Member
Congratulations, I have one more year then I will be done! cant wait man. :rockon:

i3ooivl

Established Member
i'm sure i'll miss college.... but i think the truck loads of money will make me forget about it :p.

I lived off of 12k last year and i'm moving up to 50k this coming year. A little step up in my quality of life.

and congrats to all you soon to be grads..... keep it up, its totally worth it

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats, a buddy of mine just graduated Ga Tech with his BS in ME. I don't even want to think about how much longer I have.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
YOu should have stayed in college. I am an engineer and all I do is work, work and work. The money is nice, but i have no time to spend it.....

Ah to be in college again, beer and hot chicks!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn, i'm close and i am not ready to be done with college......it's so fun!

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
i just turned 19, i've pretty much bombed the last 2 semesters at the local jc, but i gotta say this thread is inspiring, congrats, hope i can get back into it

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the M.E. degree!

I'm done this May. I get to throw together a resume over the break and get my name out. teh w00t.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Small World!!
I've got an interview with them tomorrow for a position in their Dallas Fab. !! :-D

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
i3ooivl said:
haha.... there's always the chance to go back for masters/phd ;-)

After a year of working 8-5 after college being someone's bitch, I decided to go back to school. I'll be in school until I'm in my late 30's. It's definately worth it if you don't like being bossed around and looked down on by people with higher degrees. I'm not sure about engineering, but at least with a science major, they pay me in the PhD program. Not too bad, eh. Especially when you have a wife that makes twice what you do. At least work for a year or two so that you have a good purpose to going back to school since it's such a huge commitment. You might even like your job, and going through more school would have been a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread