So I hear there's a MkIV body update coming soon with the new pedestrian regs...

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
an unnamed source (i didnt ask his name - shame on me) with a ford gt told me that while updating the car to meet the new pedestrian safety regs (soft bumpers) that there will be MkII and MkIV bodywork options for the new car.

spreading a rumor and stirring the pot.

fordification

Established Member
I haven't even heard of any updates for 2006, if there is any. And they should be going on sale in like 6 months I assume.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
And I'd love to see them implement a soft bumper into the orignial MK4 design :xpl:

I'd highly doubt they'd make a MK4. Most people don't like the way they look anyways. Not sure how many times I've seen/heard people mistake them for Porsche 908's:rolleyes: , then they get a side view and and look like :shrug:

However, if they came with 427 high risers I'd buy one instead of what I assume to be the MK1 car being produced right now. I know, I know keep dreamin...

Personally, I don't think I'd like the extra scoops and beefiness of a modern MK2, but if it is true it'd be interesting to see how Ford design teams approach a MK2 template.

Users who are viewing this thread