So I have a rental ready for my road trip.....new car tomarrow

96cobrakid

Established Member
So myfinancin g is done, car is insured in my name, and the rental is sitting in the driveway. Im heading out tonight to head down to New Orleans to pick up my new car. It is a 2001 Corvette Z06. Here are a couple of pics and an idle clip. Mods include LG stainless LT's, o/r x pipe, B&B catback, tune, F14cam, vram intake, short throw and new ram clutch. im stoked. car dynoed at 434/417. I am still keepin my 95 cobra, it will start in the body shop this week coming up! SN95's for life, but a vette wouldn't hurt:)

DSC01615.gif

DSC01612.gif

DSC01610.gif

and the money clip....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qhWU5dhag

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
VERY Nice!! I'd like to have either a White or Blue Z06,the White ones are harder to find though.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Remove the side body moldings and you've got a really, really nice vehicle. Nice choice!

That video is hilarious too. I kept waiting for a big rev from the vehicle and that baby getting scared shitless but it never came :(

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Good choice. wish I'd have known, I'm not far from there, could have went check it out for you and we could have gotten together while your down here.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
nice i want a vet someday. I almost sold the cobra for a real nice black 01 zo6. But having a car paid off looks a little better on a home loan right now and i getting ready to by my second home. So i bought a s-trim to make the car a little more fun in the mean time:beer:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I would love to have a z06. It is a dream of mine to own a c6 zo6 someday. That exhaust sounds damn mean! have fun!

BTW, one of the blinkers is smoked and the other isn't

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Do tell...

Just couldn't bring yourself to buy a Chevy? Hope it wasn't too bad of a something.

96cobrakid

Established Member
2001 Z06 Red with black leather, chrome wheels.42xxx miles

Good: LG Stainless LT's, o/r X, B&B Catback
VRAM Air Intake
F14 Cam
New Ram Clutch
Tune
short throw
msd wire
dyno'ed 434/417 and went 11.7@ 121 in 80 degree weather with a 1.8 60

bad:
pass window wouldn't roll down (already knew before the drive)
had been repainted (looked great in pics) a few runs, few chips, just not what i was looking for
one of the wheels was missing the corvette insignia from center cap, not a big deal, but kinda questioned why it wasn't there.
headliner on driver side was down a bit, all i had to do was tuck it back into the weather stripping, but still...
gas door wouldn't pop open (i would have never got home on one tank....lol
all 4 tires needed replaced.

I was down there with 25K for the car, but wouldn't pay it with all the little things. i told him i could do 23, but he wouldn't budge so i went on my way.

great car, would love to have had it, but just not for the money. so im still on the hunt...

Users who are viewing this thread