so i have a predicament

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
so the other day i was driving down a country road and all of a sudden my rear wheels feel like they locked up for a split sec and my engine shuts off. i pull over and restart the car and it starts fine and when i disengaged the clutch it wouldnt go. im thinking great there goes my clutch. get it towed and it turns out there was no tranny fluid in it(5 speed) and they said u can try putting in fluid but they think i need a new tranny. so my question is should i buy a new tranny or sell it? if i sell it for how much? thanks guys in advance! oh the car is a 95 5.0

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you can get a T5/T45 whatever for cheap, just look on craigslist.

My buddy got one for $250 within 10min of searching both CL and local mustang sites (CAfords.com), did the whole 5spd swap for under $500 including new fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant, pedal assy, clutch cable, etc.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
How did you manage to run your car out of tranny fluid?

Just buy a new tranny, they're cheap as hell, better than wasting time and money rebuilding!

eclipsemustang

Established Member
last summer me and my dad swapped the auto to a manual in my 95 5.0, didnt take very long to do the swap, and with selling the auto it covered most of the cost of the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread