So i had the cobra dynoed....

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Either way nice number, but your 1/4 mile time is what counts in my book. :read:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I don't see how that would make any sense. it would make more sense that they would pull the weakest engines to make sure that even the weakest ones are up to spec.

Actually they pulled a certain number and dyno'd them to make sure they did not have another 1999 on their hands. I have talked to several owners who got the card with their cars.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Either way nice number, but your 1/4 mile time is what counts in my book. :read:

tracks are like dyno's too though and can vary just as much. it is only really directly comparable to cars that were running on THAT specific track on THAT day.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
tracks are like dyno's too though and can vary just as much. it is only really directly comparable to cars that were running on THAT specific track on THAT day.

Same can be said for doing dyno pulls ,
only as good as the day and who is there @ that specific time!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
yes, sae is about 2.5% less than std corrected. but even at 398, thats pretty good! I wonder how much the mileage is a factor? that car is well broke in.

does it still have the paper filter and silencer? My car is 100% stock, I pulled the silencer for giggles and felt a difference on the road

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
Same can be said for doing dyno pulls ,
only as good as the day and who is there @ that specific time!

i agree with that completely, too. and then there are dyno variances such as tire pressure, tire selection (width/stickiness/height), wheel (weight/size), differential gearing, driveshaft (length/material/width), how tight the car gets strapped down, coolant temp, etc.. there's just A TON of variables with dyno's.

nothing is directly comparable. except for maybe cars running on the same day on the same track within a limited time (~2 hours or so) from each other.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Actually they pulled a certain number and dyno'd them to make sure they did not have another 1999 on their hands. I have talked to several owners who got the card with their cars.

all manufacturers pick out random cars that they double check everything on. they usually put < 10 miles on them. but you saying that it's going to be a stronger car because they did that is absurd.

04LSKILLER

Established Member
yes, sae is about 2.5% less than std corrected. but even at 398, thats pretty good! I wonder how much the mileage is a factor? that car is well broke in.

does it still have the paper filter and silencer? My car is 100% stock, I pulled the silencer for giggles and felt a difference on the road

Yes, everything is there. Paper air filter and silencer! Only thing I have done to the car is change the oil and install a Pro 5.0 shifter........ the shifter might of added some power :shrug:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
all manufacturers pick out random cars that they double check everything on. they usually put < 10 miles on them. but you saying that it's going to be a stronger car because they did that is absurd.

I don't think he is saying they are stronger for having been dyno'd ;-)

LaserSVT

No Pants
Established Member
IDK, It bums me out cause with a full exaust, plenum, t-body, CAI. pully and a custom tune and I only have 40 more rwhp :(

:beer: on the numbers mang!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
i think its real. i put 426 down once and 447 once. the 426 was a lot hotter day then the 447. But all i have is weld in flowmasters, catless mid pipe, jlt short rai, and a sct tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread