So I got robbed on the local BMW forums

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Long story short..

First off, whats up gents, long time no post for me.

On the largest e90 (2006-2011) BMW forum I pursued and responded to a for sale thread for a set of M6 replica rims.
The guy claimed they came off of his 2010 335 coupe, which has the same bolt pattern as my 2008 335 sedan (5x120). We spoke multiple times and confirmed the bolt pattern, size and offsets of the wheels.
We met up days later, did the deed and went on our way. A day later I come to realize the wheels he sold me are not 5x120, they are 5x114.3.
I measured each one and was pretty disappointed to say the least.
I contacted the seller, (an 18 year old asian kid from Queens NY) and informed him of our slight problem.
At first he refused to admit the wheels were the incorrect bolt pattern, then his story changed into "tough shit, its your fault, you bought them"
He wont answer calls texts or emails, and has obviously refused to take the wheels back in exchange for my cash.
I put up a Buyer Beware thread on the regional sub forum, and proceeded to get attacked by all of his local asian friends, calling me an idiot, a liar, a moron etc...
They then took it one step further, told me to come to a meet and they should show me what the deal was.

So here I am stuck with a set of wheels that dont fit my car, out a few hundred in cash, and an 120lb 18 year old asian kid telling me tough shit..

I would REALLY like to get an address for this young gentlemen..
Anyone that can offer some help, I have his cell and gmail account / alias, feel free to pm me. I will make sure to record his undoing for all of your enjoyment. :beer:

Update 10/18/2011
Since my attempt at tracking this guy failed miserably... thanks txyaloo!!! :]
I lucked out and surfed the forum for a few days.
This dumb bastard listed a spoiler for sale the day after he sold me the wheels.
Luckily I had a friend who lives 40 miles away registered on the site.
They went back and forth for a few days, and finally set up a meet to pick up the spoiler.
I involved a few trusted friends and setup our sting.

Last night around 10pm this moron shows up at a place of our selection. I was dumbfounded to see he showed up alone, WITH his girlfriend.. (just like he did when he sold me the BS wheels)
My friend pretended to be the buyer, I was waiting around the corner.
Through text we verified he was out of the car so I jumped.
I boxed him in and set upon him like the A-team.
The kid, like I stated originally, is a whopping 120lbs soaking wet so I knew from the get-go physicality would not be needed.
Being 8 years his senior I took it as opportunity to teach him a lesson and show him what a epic-fool he truly was.

His immediate reaction was to claim innocence, "the wheels were on my car" "they are 5x120" " I swear I didn't know"
I stopped him before he started down this slippery slope and simply stated "I am giving you ONE chance to be a man, you know what you did, dont play for me a fool... The wheels are in my car exactly where we put them when I bought them, give me my money back, I give you the wheels, DONT bullshit me again or this is going to be very, very different for you."

Long story short, I ended up having him drive me to the bank with me in HIS car, and my friends following. He went to his ATM, withdrew the cash I gave him, took his wheels back and we parted ways. I lectured him the entire time, and reminded him instead of talking to him I simply could of pounded his face in.. his girlfriend was next to tears, and apologizing profusely for his actions claiming "she never knew what he was doing, and if she did, she would of beat his ass for me"...
The look on his face, and his whole demeanor the entire time was.... epic. Unfortunately there is no footage, but this kid was shaking harder than a leaf in a Hurricane. Hopefully he realizes the stupidity in what he did, (deceiving, misrepresenting, lying, then changing his cell phone # immediately after the sale to avoid me contacting him).

When your young it takes a good scare sometimes to set you straight.. Hopefully this punk realizes the immense risk he took considering I could of been some low-life small minded loser who took the opportunity to beat the shit out of him + anything else a scumbag would do in a similar, perfect retribution situation.

End result, he has his wheels back I have my money. I bet his car ride home was prettttty quiet.

/win

Last edited:

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
The only advice I will give is to do your best to resell the rims for more than you paid.

Already have them listed.. unfortunately it seems like someone indeed had these on a 5x120 stud...3 of the lug holes on the rim are stretched and completely oblong in shape, and the other two are rusted as in no bolt was ever used... seems like this moron drove around with 3 lugs attached.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
damn dude, if you were closer, i'd go with you without a doubt. you'd be amazed how fast i can make these dudes with alligator mouths realize they have hummingbird asses attached to them. little dishonest thieves.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I hate to say this but, YOU GOT OWNED. When you went and bought them why did you not measure then instead of giving out your hard earned cash? Life lessons are very expensive sometimes.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Trust me, my last option is simply going to one of these lame ass BMW meets and letting him and his friends attempt to back up their ethugness..

I much rather knock on his door and watch him shit his pants..

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I measured each one and was pretty disappointed to say the least.

This should have been done BEFORE the transaction took place.

Either way it is a shitty situation.

Sell what you have so you can recoup something out of the deal.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I need the address!!! :]

Which Forum? I got perma banned from the the one Shiv frequents. My support for Terry on N54 has been the reason why. I used to see you there occasionally.
Nerver mind, it is the dreaded e90.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Go to the meet. People who talk shit on BMW forums are gigantic vaginas. A couple people I know have had some real big-mouthed kids talk shit to them on E46F, and when things turn real, these kids pussy out. It's hysterical.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
This should have been done BEFORE the transaction took place.

Either way it is a shitty situation.

Sell what you have so you can recoup something out of the deal.

I agree that I should of been more cautious...

Hear me out... Ive sold and bought many a item from the forum.. never had an issue.
I spoke to the kid over the course of a week, never said anything to raise my suspicion..
Every BMW is 5x120.. The kid drives a BMW and is selling a BMW rep rim on a BMW forum... I work 12-14 hour days and was only able to meet the kid at 11pm. They were just rims so I was unable to do a test fit, which NEVER crossed my mind because I still don't comprehend why a BMW owner would have a set of 5x114.3 wheels..
I checked each rim for cracks and bends as thoroughly as I could when we exchanged the cash for the wheels.. I never even doubted the bolt pattern...why would I?
I guess its my fault for having the expectation of honest and decency when dealing with a fellow enthusiast... lesson learned.
Like I said, 3 lug holes are completely oblong on each rim, and the other two are oblong but rusted solid... So it seems like this moron was either misled himself, or ran around with 3 lugs on a 5 lug rim... I think it MIGHT be possible he did NOT know.. but he would have to be a complete idiot to not catch such a blatant problem... besides, once the kid ignored me and told me to **** off, it pretty much solidified... at least in my mind, that it was an intentional misrepresentation...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread