So I got a ticket....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
That's great.

Pay it and keep on driving. As long as the small print doesn't say "and must also be signed off by a referee station".

he said in the op that the cop wrote on the ticket that it had to be taken to a smog referee station.

Nope no small print or mention of a smog ref anywhere. Like you said I'm just gonna pay it off and forget about it, thats all I wanted from the beginning lol
you best double check that. when the cop says it has to go to a referee it is highly unlikely that a judge will say no it don't and just give you the fine. not saying it can't happen I am saying with kommiefornia I would double check it before deciding to ignore it.

KP_510

Established Member
Yeah he wrote on the back of the ticket that he gave me during the stop that it couldn't be written off by a cop but had to be taken to a smog ref to be written off so I'm assuming that was just if I wanted to correct it and have it written off but I don't lol.

It just gives a pay off amount and a "if corrected" amount on the thing I received in the mail. So I'm hoping that's all I gotta do if I don't wanna correct it

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Guessing here--The if repaired statement on the ticket probably means you have to have proof that it is repaired when you go to pay the fine? Some repairs can probably be signed off by a LEO but the exhaust being related to emissions means they have to sign off. (Or the no LEO sign off is to prevent you from finding a lite mod friendly LEO and getting a sign off) Good luck to you****Oh sorry I am not a LEO but learned to read tickets at an early age LOL

Last edited:

Jdb03shadow

Established Member
That's pretty lame...... I personally would never pull anyone over for something like that unless just to ask what echaust they had because it sounds great .... But I guess some towns/cities may be slower with 911 calls so they start looking for more minor stuff

Users who are viewing this thread