so I finally used it

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
yup, used the nitrous. I was picking up some new plugs and a filter at the local speed shop. When I mention what car I had to the parts person, the guy next me at the counter opened his mouth and said "Cobra, huh? Give up, they're slow, my Chevy eats them for breakfast" :rollseyes I will not take comments like that laying down, especially with a full bottle :D So I replied "my Cobra will give your Chevy indigestion, but I dare you to try". So we agreed and it was on. We agreed on acing from a 20mph roll down a frontage road that's unused up to 120. I walked out into the parking lot to find he drives a '01 Z06 :eek: crap. So I pop my trunk, open the bottle, get in and hit the heater. We head out to the road. So I'm in 1st gear, engine is screaming (Flowmasters sound gooooood with O/R H :D). 3 honks. Honk 1 Honk 2 Honk 3, I mat it! The nitrous hits and I'm pressed back. I shifted at 6500 to 2nd and the tires protested, yet I manage to pull a car length. I hit 3rd with the tires protesting like PETA nuts at a Macy's half off fur sale. I grab 4th and shut down at a 125 (ok so I went alittle over). With the Z06 in the rear view, til he did a fly by :rollseyes Not even a thumbs up, jeez :cuss:

Z06 -->:bash:

I love the bottle, but I'm gonan need slicks before I hit the track, especially since my DR's didn't like the abuse

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Nice Kill!!!:thumbsup:

I can't wait to get my Nitrous kit. Altough I would rather have the supercharger, but I can't float the cash right now.

What kist are you running???

Anyways....Nice Job. :burnout:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Right on!!!!:thumbsup:

I love it! Z06 is an awesome car, but it seems that 'some' of the owners are a bit snobish. My bros has a C5 that I will be racing in June, I think I have a little time before I need a Nitrous system as he has never gon dowwn the 1320 but as things progress I may choose the bottle, too. SC are a bit outta my $$ range right now. definitly an option tho. Anyway, great story , great kill, and keep em coming! :thumbsup: :beer:

fangstang

Established Member
Nice Kill!

I'm not a fan of nitrous,but, when a**holes like that talk sh!t about someone elses car to their face, they are asking for trouble.

Venom2001

Established Member
HA HA.........awesome kill.

About the vette guys, even my buddy that has a C4 told me that he can't come up to a stop sign/light and even say hi to another guy/gal in a vette because most of them don't even give him the time.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by Bk_Breaker_SVT
Nice Kill!!!:thumbsup:

I can't wait to get my Nitrous kit. Altough I would rather have the supercharger, but I can't float the cash right now.

What kist are you running???

Anyways....Nice Job. :burnout:

NOS kit # 5171. I'm using the 150 jets. But that's for the '96-'98 modulars. I don't know if NOS has a kit out for the returnless style fuel systems

Users who are viewing this thread