So, I drove this...

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
i think it looks good but not yellow. it would look really good in a saleen s7 red or a color like that. if you saw this on the highway you know you would tempt it

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I dont even know what the hell it is lol. Havent been keeping up much with whats out there nowadays. Anyway, Ill bet you had a blast driving it

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Congrats on driving it must've been nice. But this car does nothing for me. It's incredibly expensive, not very fast (all cars in the class are faster, straight line and around a track) and not good looking.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Congrats on driving it must've been nice. But this car does nothing for me. It's incredibly expensive, not very fast (all cars in the class are faster, straight line and around a track) and not good looking.

Well, the LFA is faster around the Ring than most other supercars it would be compared to. And how can you say it's not very fast? Is an Enzo not very fast? Is a Carrera GT not very fast? Is a Murcielago LP640 not very fast? If you don't think they are fast then I guess I have to agree with you, otherwise, I respectfully disagree. Anything capable of running sub 4 seconds to 60mph, sub 12 seconds in 1/4 mile and over 200 mph on the high-end in stock trim is quite fast in my book.

Yes it is terribly expensive, but when you're in the market for a car like this, generally, people pay a pretty high dollar for exclusivity.

Last edited:

jf4boogie

Established Member
Well, the LFA is faster around the Ring than most other supercars it would be compared to. And how can you say it's not very fast? Is an Enzo not very fast? Is a Carrera GT not very fast? Is a Murcielago LP640 not very fast? If you don't think they are fast then I guess I have to agree with you, otherwise, I respectfully disagree. Anything capable of running sub 4 seconds to 60mph, sub 12 seconds in 1/4 mile and over 200 mph on the high-end in stock trim is quite fast in my book.

Yes it is terribly expensive, but when you're in the market for a car like this, generally, people pay a pretty high dollar for exclusivity.

With that being said...cough it up...who's the owner?

More specifically whats his profession? :p

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Well actually it's still a prototype version. Only two in US right now. This one is being sent around the country to different Lexus dealers to promote it. So in answer to your question, Toyota still owns it.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member

Well so yea while the 0-60 time is good, it loses to ALL supercars up to. Anything above 60 basically. Here's a few examples.

0-124 times:
Turbo S: 10.3
458: 10.7
LP570 SL: 10.6
SLS: 11.0
R8 V10: 12.0
LF-A: 12.1

And around the nurburgring the only car the LF-A can beat is the R8 V10.
Yes the LF-A beat the SLS on small 2 mile track, but was beat by the R8 V10 on the small Hockenheim track. I thought Lexus wanted to build the ultimate supercar when they came out with it. I was VERY excited to see the numbers but it just doesn't deliver the performance I was expecting. Then I saw the price and it's even more disappointing. Don't get me wrong though I bet it's a fantastic car in every aspect. There's just many other cars out there that are better, not even considering the crazy price.

7.62x51

Established Member

+1

LF-A is no joke. Anybody who has actually read up on the car knows how significant it actually is

Stephen4036

Established Member
Obviously with the numbers it's making for 0-60 and top speed it doens't need that much torque lol. I respect that car....kinda....ehhhh idkk lol. To each his own but when it all comes down to it AMERICAN FTW!

i agree but your s197 body would crumble at the turns and speeds it goes ;-)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well actually it's still a prototype version. Only two in US right now. This one is being sent around the country to different Lexus dealers to promote it. So in answer to your question, Toyota still owns it.

I've seen 2 in person. Not counting that yellow one. :dw:

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
I've seen 2 in person. Not counting that yellow one. :dw:

Well that was coming from the Toyota rep. I personally have only seen the two. There was a satin black one at a car show, but it was then painted white afterwards. So they are the only two that are supposedly in the country. Wouldn't surprise me if there are a handful of them in the states by now.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Well so yea while the 0-60 time is good, it loses to ALL supercars up to. Anything above 60 basically. Here's a few examples.

0-124 times:
Turbo S: 10.3
458: 10.7
LP570 SL: 10.6
SLS: 11.0
R8 V10: 12.0
LF-A: 12.1

And around the nurburgring the only car the LF-A can beat is the R8 V10.
Yes the LF-A beat the SLS on small 2 mile track, but was beat by the R8 V10 on the small Hockenheim track. I thought Lexus wanted to build the ultimate supercar when they came out with it. I was VERY excited to see the numbers but it just doesn't deliver the performance I was expecting. Then I saw the price and it's even more disappointing. Don't get me wrong though I bet it's a fantastic car in every aspect. There's just many other cars out there that are better, not even considering the crazy price.

According to data that I have seen it ran the ring faster than Carrera GT, ZR-1, Enzo, MC12, Zonda F Clubsport, GT2 and GTR.

+1

LF-A is no joke. Anybody who has actually read up on the car knows how significant it actually is

+1

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Chances are, the folks who buy this car already own a few other supercars and won't give two shits that the LFA takes 2 seconds longer to get to 124 MPH.

I personally don't see the point in getting hung up over stats at this price range. Every exotic is a different experience. Bang for your buck is meaningless in the supercar realm.

Users who are viewing this thread