So I didn't win...

Black0ut

Established Member
... The $40,000,000 tax free winnings from the 6/49 lottery up here in Canada :shrug:

I could have sworn I pictured the winning numbers in my head when I bought the ticket... 3 numbers off... ahh well, next time.

So for conversation sake, what's your closest brush with the lottery? You needed 6 to win and I got 3+ bonus, best so far lol! Any near jackpot winners here?

Lets hear the near miss stories. :thumbsup:

Black0ut

Established Member
I don't often play but when it gets over $30 mill I usually tend to toss a couple dollary doo's out, can't help it ;-)

Black0ut

Established Member
CalcVictim said:
I never play, can't see myself winning so I don't spend the money.

Well someone has win... and you can't win if you don't play. Just don't make it a hobby :thumbsup:

Black0ut

Established Member
"I'm from the land of the gang bang
Since I was little, ain't a god damn thang changed" - Ice Cube

You gonna listen to a guy that participates in gang bangs? :lol1:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Black0ut said:
"I'm from the land of the gang bang
Since I was little, ain't a god damn thang changed" - Ice Cube

You gonna listen to a guy that participates in gang bangs? :lol1:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It was from the movie All About The Benjamin's!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
My mom hit the NJ lotto for a million. Never came close myself although I have no problems dropping 20 bucks when it goes over $100 Mil.

Black0ut

Established Member
$100 Mil. is unheard of where I'm from, however no tax up here, how much you would take home with a $100 Mil. Jackpot?

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
My mom hit the NJ lotto for a million. Never came close myself although I have no problems dropping 20 bucks when it goes over $100 Mil.

Your chances of winning when it hits those higher figures are actually much much lower than when they are at normal amounts. Higher payouts=more players, thus lowering your odds! :idea:

Blackout said:
$100 Mil. is unheard of where I'm from, however no tax up here, how much you would take home with a $100 Mil. Jackpot?

Im guessing here, I would say half? maybe a little more :shrug:

Last edited:

Black0ut

Established Member
chevytosvt said:
Your chances of winning when it hits those higher figures are actually much much lower than when they are at normal amounts. Higher payouts=more players, thus lowering your odds! :idea:

In actuallity. This statement is completely false. Your odds of "Winning the Jackpot" are based completely on how many combinations of numbers there are. The more players the higher chance there is of there being a winner, however your odds of winning do not increase nor decrease depending on the number of participants in the lotto.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Black0ut said:
In actuallity. This statement is completely false. Your odds of "Winning the Jackpot" are based completely on how many combinations of numbers there are. The more players the higher chance there is of there being a winner, however your odds of winning do not increase nor decrease depending on the number of participants in the lotto.

hmmm....I guess this is true if you pick your own numbers :shrug: If the machine picks them for you, It seems like your odds of winning would go down :shrug:

/ron burgundy voice agree to disagree :rolling:

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
chevytosvt said:

Im guessing here, I would say half? maybe a little more :shrug:

if that, the newspaper did a story on a guy here in va hit for $44mil in the state lottery. he took the single payment which brought it down to $23mil, after taxes the paper said he was going to take home about $7 or 8 million. Not that 7 million isn't enough to live off of, but 7 million of 44 kinda of sucks.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
My dad told me that spending money on the lottery is like wishing good things happening to you instead of making good things happening to you. So i never buy those things.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i've gone in on pools once or twice. other than that i just laugh at all the people buying sheets of those stupid scratch-off things.

Users who are viewing this thread