So I compliment this guy in his black 03'...

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
I'm walking down the sidewalk in my little town called Algonac last night. There were tons of people here for the fireworks. Tons of cars and in the distance I see a black Cobra coupe. (I saw the fog lights first.)

As it got closer I looked at the hood and realized how low it was sitting and I'm like 'OMG, is that an 03'!?' Then I saw the wheels and spoiler and it turns out it's a black 03' coupe! I about shit!

Anyway I couldn't help but yell out and compliment this guy and his car. This guy was young in his 20's for sure. So I screamed 'Hey! Nice car!' and proceeded to give him a thumbs up.

Then the guy looks at me and tells me to **** off! :kaboom: :shrug:

Well anyway my friends say I sounded extremely sarastic when I said it. When I think about it I probably did but I mean seriously, the guy knew what he was driving. He had to know it was a compliment.

This wasn't anyone here was it? If it is, nice car! :p

Cobra'03

Established Member
Well, I wish it were me, as I would not still be waiting for a car I ordered in mid-February!

Perhaps he mistook your thumb for another appendage in the center of your hand - or perhaps he thought your thumb gesture was a suggestion of a necessary prostate exam. :)

Wanna_Stang

Established Member
I had a similar situation... the black 03 that was in vegas (1st on the streets here in vegas) i happened to run into him about a week ago at Best Buy....

I complimented his car and we BSed a little, and i threw in a plug for SNMA (local mustang club) and he replies "I already Joined" then he hoped in the car and left (stalling 3 times)...

turns out no one in the club has seen the guy... WTF was that about ?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Wanna_Stang
turns out no one in the club has seen the guy... WTF was that about ?
I wouldn't sweat it, some people are paranoid and will say whatever to get rid of "enthusiasts"...;-)

Example:
A couple of months ago I was leaving a grocery store and I saw a sweet silver 2001 Cobra pull into the side lot. I pulled up behind him, as he was getting out, and asked (through the passenger window) if he knew about a national Cobra owner's association, while holding up a flyer. He said "I'm already a member"... and then ran off like I was holding a gun. I'm sure the quarter panel snake, bulging hood w/nostrils and SVT wheel caps of my car were clearly visible from his vantage point, so there was no question about what I was driving...:shrug:

$hit happens, I wouldn't take it personally. :)

Users who are viewing this thread