So I bought a 1993 Town Car

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I haven't taken pictures, but I'd like to "Wheeler Dealer" it. It was my Great uncles, who passed it to my father, who sold it to my mother in law, which I bought back to help her buy her own car.

Its got 153,000 miles, has had the airbag suspension replaced with plain springs, the AC has been converted to the new R stuff. its got a huge dent (dent implies small, this is a titanic iceberg gouge) on the right rear quarter panel

Of course its the 4.6L 16 valve and from what the internet says has a whopping 190HP. I'd assume that the Mustang GT guys might have a few pointers on how to pump that up a bit?

Aside from the cosmetic repairs, what mods should I do? Its a long duration project, so I am not opposed to doing most anything.

I figured it would be fun for my sons and I to fix up like the TV show and pass along to someone else.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Post some pics and I can advise you towards making it look better, but a drop and some mustang take offs go a long way. I just tossed a set of 18" shelby GT bullitts on my friends 04 crown vic sport and it looks 10 times better then it did.

As far as performance? If you swap out the NPI heads for PI heads + intake, you'll get a bump in compression (requiring 91) and a bit more power. Also if it doesn't have it, you need the dual exhaust. Even factory duals are good for 10 hp over stock.

terminator swap

Have fun swapping that in with the 92-02 style front crossmember. It can be done but its more work then the 03+. I'm also not sure if the eaton will fit under an aero body hood

truefiveo

Established Member
As far as performance? If you swap out the NPI heads for PI heads + intake, you'll get a bump in compression (requiring 91) and a bit more power. Also if it doesn't have it, you need the dual exhaust. Even factory duals are good for 10 hp over stock.

I wouldn't bother with a top end swap on that POS 4.6 for the 91 octane required compression.

The power gains simply aren't worth it IMO

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Trick flow top end kit, with matching twisted wedge pistons coupled with 4.10 gears. Now that would be a fun grandpa car. Probably too much money to spend than it's worth though.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I wouldn't bother with a top end swap on that POS 4.6 for the 91 octane required compression.

The power gains simply aren't worth it IMO

Yeah we don't want to spend my limited time and money on polishing a turd of an engine.

I may very well start looking at a donor modular engine. its a big enough platform I bet I can put just about anything in there I want

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Trick flow top end kit, with matching twisted wedge pistons coupled with 4.10 gears. Now that would be a fun grandpa car. Probably too much money to spend than it's worth though.

i've got nothing but time at this point. its not my daily, and its a hobby other than smackdown.

my dad suggested i go find an old 427/460 and make it a "muscle" car.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Yeah we don't want to spend my limited time and money on polishing a turd of an engine.

I may very well start looking at a donor modular engine. its a big enough platform I bet I can put just about anything in there I want

You can get all of that stuff from the junkyard for a few hundred dollars, its not like its a 2000 dollar H/C/I swap

I'm not sure what you want to do here. You don't want to do a terminator swap, a coyote swap is out of budget, doing a PI head/intake swap on a NPI isn't worth it....

LS1? :shrug:

coposrv

Established Member
If you're trying to " wheeler dealer" it I assume flip it. Don't do anything to the motor other than clean it up and make it reliable. As for the dent? Post pics is it creased?

Last

Established Member
If you want to wheeler dealer it, fix the dent, make the paint and interior shine and then try to turn it for a profit. Then next time you try to do that, buy a car with no body damage

LogiWorld123

Established Member
You can get all of that stuff from the junkyard for a few hundred dollars, its not like its a 2000 dollar H/C/I swap

I'm not sure what you want to do here. You don't want to do a terminator swap, a coyote swap is out of budget, doing a PI head/intake swap on a NPI isn't worth it....

LS1? :shrug:

Soliciting ideas. Brainstorming. I throw something out there and you guys respond.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
If you're trying to " wheeler dealer" it I assume flip it. Don't do anything to the motor other than clean it up and make it reliable. As for the dent? Post pics is it creased?

I'll grab pics once I replace the battery and can drive it home.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
5.4 swap + blower=budget sleeper

or

hacksaw + s&w cage=LeMons race car!

Ironhand

Banned
Do a 5.4 DOHC out of a Navigator. You can find them dirt cheap sometimes and put it on a new K member.

After that, have fun!

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Lift that bitch and put on some 26" rims. Keep it gangsta.

lrmp_1007_14_o+1996_lincoln_town_car+lifted_front.jpg

You know you want to!

Users who are viewing this thread