So how many had to have alternators replaced?

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
15k miles and I've dropped an alternator and battery. Stage II port and 2.8 upper....think I've heard of a couple people already getting new alternators/batteries. Oh well, still love her though :)

Brad

Banned
birch said:
15k miles and I've dropped an alternator and battery. Stage II port and 2.8 upper....think I've heard of a couple people already getting new alternators/batteries. Oh well, still love her though :)

Yep.. mine died on the road.. Got a friend to meet up with me and drop off a batt, nursed it home. Next day tested it and the alternator was throwing no voltage. Ford would replace it under warranty, but they couldn't get it into the shop for about 2 weeks, plus they're hacks. I ate the price of a new alternator from ford, was something like 220 plus the core. Installed it in under 30 min in my driveway, you've got to jack the car but it's not a big deal.

mosconiac

Established Member
Mine made it 42k. The replacement died after one week. The replacement *replacement* has lasted a little longer so far.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
I was on the dyno right before my alternator failed on the way back home. Guess I made it home on the battery's juice?? I wonder if your alternator is almost gone, if that makes a difference on the dyno? Probably not...but just a thought.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Mine went at 15,000. Then it went on national backorder for two weeks. I got to drive an almost new Taurus for three weeks and 1500 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread