So Here I am In Wrigleyville...

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
...sitting in the Starbucks on Addison between bars on a borrowed laptop before the greatest of all things... a CUBS GAME!!! :king:

My roomate calls me at work and says he's in the hospital and I need to get there to pick him up. I'm like WTF!? He just says "Hurry up and get me home!" So I call the boss, tell him there is an emergancy. Finish up as much of my work as I can, grab my suitcoat, head to the door when the boss shows up before I can even close and lock my office door. 'Bill, I say, I'm on my way to the hospital.' To which he responds... 'um... yeah... I'm gonna need ya to come back as soon as you can." I tell him I'll do my best and I walk out the building... I hit the parking lot and find... my roomates, both of them, their girlfriends, my neighbors and their girlfriends and boyfriends and my "ex" whom is also a neighbor and they are holding my Cubs jersey and a pair of my shorts. Again I'm like WTF!? They inform me we are headed to "the Cubs game!" And my afternoon suddenly looks awesome. I changed right there in the lot and off we went to Chicago.

I move my truck to the corner of the lot and we all pile into a "new" Dodge van my buddy borrowed from the stealership he works at and off we fly to the greatest of all parts of the world... Wrigleyville!!!

We've hit up all of the bars surronding the Friendly Confines after we snake a parking spot in Lakeview with a forged city parking pass and I am now here borrowing the notebook of a dude I just met while waiting to get some icetea here at Starbucks for the flask of Beam I have. Aren't people here nice!? :D

See y'all later! I'm off to watch the Cubs and drink some beer. :king:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Friends, you've got to love them. The CUBS on the other hand, well, you get the idea...........:beer:

GA Terminator

Established Member
Born and raised in Chicago, Elmhurst, moved away 20 years ago. Tried and true Cubbie fan. One day before I die, I just want to see them go to the World Series.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Make sure to get drunk as hell!

Impossible to do at Wrigley unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money. Beer was something like $6.50 a glass when I went to a Cubs v. Sox game at Wrigley in June. Screw that...

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Tabres said:
Impossible to do at Wrigley unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money. Beer was something like $6.50 a glass when I went to a Cubs v. Sox game at Wrigley in June. Screw that...

:eek: DAM.......nevermind LOL

Users who are viewing this thread