So had a nice wake up this morning need help

04sonicL

Established Member
I awoke to the sound of my wife backing into my truck. The front lower bumper is all jacked up. Can I get a new one from Ford?? If so what is the gonna run me? I appreciate any info you guys have.

Dusten

Established Member
Its been a few years, but when my front bumper had to be replaced it ran me about 500 for the bumper and 500 for paint, plus the lower grill. But that was expensive enough i bought aftermarket grills instead.

04sonicL

Established Member
haha yea so called ford. $785 just for the bumper unbelievable. Guess i will be going through the insurance company for this one

filthymcnasty

Established Member
Call Tousley Ford and mention SVTPerformance. I bought one from them about a year ago and it cost 275 or 375 (can't remember). The offer parts 10% over cost. Good deal!

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Call Tousley Ford and mention SVTPerformance. I bought one from them about a year ago and it cost 275 or 375 (can't remember). The offer parts 10% over cost. Good deal!

+1, you can PM him (FORDSVTPARTS) and see what he can do for you, but it will definitely be the cheapest option depending on what your deductible is.

04sonicL

Established Member
my deductable is $500 so I guess it doesent reallydoesent matter about getting a deal. I figure even if i get the bumper a little cheaper after paint and installation itl be well over that. It also is turning a little weird and may be some damage behind the bumper as well. Not that im happy this happend but my bumper has some rock chips and stuff anyways that was annoying me so this was a blessing in disguse i guess. Thanks for the info though.

tistan

Established Member
Pics of the damage. Did your wife floor when she backed out of the driveway? I highly doubt you have any kind of damage to your suspension. Your bumper is urethane. If it isn't ripped most of the time it can be fixed with heat.

04sonicL

Established Member
yea tried to do that. Well for some reason me and my wife never got around to getting with the same insurance company. So anyways, we called her insurance company first (Geico) and they said that they would not cover the damage to my truck because I am her spouse and live with her. But the would cover her car. This was the biiggest crock of shit I have ever heard. So I called State Farm my company and they took care of everything no problem. The thing that sucks is my wifes deductable is only $250 for some reason as mine is $500

04sonicL

Established Member
well got the truck back from ford after 3 days and it looks great. Hell it was worth the 500 bucks to have my lower bumper look like new. Its nice not having to look at small rock chips and tiny scratches anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread