So close to getting my 11

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Missed it by that much.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/ctkarella/?action=view&current=Matt1204.flv

Went again last weekend and had cooler weather but my 1 month old fuel filter was apparently getting plugged up because fuel pressure dropped to 52#'s, I leaned out and I think melted some plugs. A new filter is in and pressure is back to 58. Will see tonight if a new set of plugs get it running right again. Hope to get an 11 out of the Eaton before swapping to the MP.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
DMP motor. Torque is high vs.HP due to the 10# lower and the Eaton just gives up in the upper RPM.

That run was heat soaked but I was running out of time and still tweaking the tune so I think I'll get it next time. I went to the track once since then but burned a plug on the first run so wound up with a 12.34 at 97 since I had to lift right after half track. Putting in plugs toninght and if all goes well back to the track tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
What sc are you running?

Ported Eaton on it right now but I have a MP in my garage just waiting to go on. I'm racing in a 12.0 index class on the 21st so I don't want to change anything until then.

Nice run.

What's your 60foot?

1.65 60'. Still running Lakewood T bars. Also have a LFP 2400 stall and 30x14 M&H racemasters. I'd like to get in the 1.5's but not sure if the Lakewoods will get me there.

Users who are viewing this thread