So apparently my car is cammed...

Haha, I moved my car outta the garage about 15 mins ago so my mother could park in; since I'm going out tonight. Anywayz, I hear this thumping noise outta my exhaust and Im like wtf...so I run into to get the cam and take a vid of it. Sounds pretty crazy. No abnormal noise from the engine though, so weird... :eek:

Click Here For Video

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
+3 here. My car has a loppy idle sometiems too. Thoght is was my plugs/wires/coilpacks. I was wrong. Bought the screamin demon wires and packs for 320 bucks. Worst 320 dollars spent on my car:)

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
yea...my Cobra will do the same thing every once in a while. Somewhat lopey engine and the stick will start to move. After about 10 seconds it goes away..... :shrug:

epracmetcon

Established Member
My 94 definetly sounded like it had a mild cam in it. It had a decent lope at idle and the spintech prostreets with turndowns really amplified the sound. The 97 will lope a little bit, but nothing like the 94 did stock.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
My '95 has a lope to it, and sounds exactly like a modified cam. I've never been in the engine ( :eek: :shrug: :eek:) , and I don't have that good of a history on it.

Dan

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Mine sound cammed too.

Wait a minute, i forgot, i do have an aftermarket cam in my motor. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I guess it would, David, with a AFM B-21 in it ... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOPS, I just saw in your post that you had already said that ... :dw:

98gt281

Established Member
It just sounds like a missfire upon start-up, after I get mine up to operating temps it goes away. Sometimes it won't do it for months, then out of the blue it will do it. I am not worried about it anymore, I have had 3 different 4.6's in my car and they ALL did it. I have learned to get used to it, plus it sounds kinda cool.

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
Mine did it after I changed the plugs, I thought I f'ed something up somewhere. It went away and hasn't done it since, that was like a week ago.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
ok, that doesn't necessarily sound good, a cammed car sounds different. mine doesn't do that, but maybe it would sound different if iwas there.

Users who are viewing this thread