So am I crazy? Thinking of buying a Vette...

96cobrakid

Established Member
Well Im still keeping the 95, so don't think Im turning.

My thinking is this....:D

The 95 (after it gets fixed) will probably get modded (alot)
I really don't want to mod it due to it being a rare car. But If I don't have anything else to play with, its gonna get modded.

So Im thinking of buying a C5 vette to daily drive and toy with. I think it woulld be a fun car and a good DD. Am I nuts?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
96cobrakid said:
So Im thinking of buying a C5 vette to daily drive .... Am I nuts?

Dude, you live in St. Louis...

I'm all for buying a Vette, but there's no way I'd be able to get around in one in the winter, at least not comfortably.

96cobrakid

Established Member
I have hd Mustangs for 7 years in St. louis and have no problem getting around in the winter. I am not going to buy a car based on 10 bad days out of the year, that doesn't make sence. And besides, the g/f has an 07 Armada LE that is 4wd. That fugger goes anywhere!

Im looking to spend around 25K. I have found one 01 Z06 for 26 that looks decent. If I want to get a Z06, it will be an 01 and only have the 385hp. Not the 405. And be higher mileage. Id like to have a lower mile nice fun car.

We Will see, I have found a few I like alot!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
If you can afford it...go for it. I was thinking of getting a Z06 also.

Valley Cobra

Established Member
buddies dad has a 02 zo6 and its off the hook he paid 32000 for it with like
30,*** on it. It is a factory hot rod some serios hp. I dont know about the winter in SL though. The manual recomens to start in 2nd gear on wet pavement i dont know how well or fun it would be in the winter.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I say go for it, vettes are really nice cars. You feel faster than you are really going. +1 for the vette idea.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Personally I'd never daily drive a vette, you've got nowhere to put anything big or any more than one person because there's no back seat, and it would drive me insane when someone either hit it in traffic or doored it in a parking lot. I'm a big advocate of our Cobras being the perfect daily drivers, enough power to dispatch most other cars on the road, practical enough to fit shit in and get decent gas mileage, and most importantly our cars are CHEAP! I got mine for $5,500 for god's sake! That's just me though :)

MuTiLaToR

Banned
or just buy a 99-up FRC (fixed roof coupe) vette. alot cheaper and same body style as the Z06 and almost same exact weight. only difference in a z06 is the heads/cam which can be purchased for a decent price... they only need 1 CAM! lol

96cobrakid

Established Member
I did find a nive fixed roof coupe as well. we will see. i hardly ever, i mean hardly use myback seat. a vette fits okay enough into what id use it for.

and i never make practical decsions. go big or go home

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I love ours.
Rides good, handles great, runs hard for being bone stock.
70-130 goes by quick. If I were building a track toy it would be a stang, but for a DD (If your single and don't have kids) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I drive it every chance I get. Which isn't often cause the wife always has it.

Go to www.corvetteforum.com In the C5 section and just start reading. You will find what not to get. Such as the first years of active handleing system had issues.

I bought the wife hers for christmas.
99 Coupe, 2 tops with 39,000 miles for 19.6K
Will keep it 3 years and then go C6.

I can say after driving it, I will always have a Vette in the garage.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
96cobrakid said:
I did find a nive fixed roof coupe as well. we will see. i hardly ever, i mean hardly use myback seat. a vette fits okay enough into what id use it for.

and i never make practical decsions. go big or go home

Well I bet once you get/if you get the vette, you will run into a situation where you need the backseat lol cuz that would happen to me. If your gonna get the vette get the Z06. like you said, go big or go home! Good luck you have my blessing as long as you keep the cobra lol

kit5pt0

Established Member
i don't know what kind of tires you have on your car, but i'm in st. louis and had to ditch my car and walk once this winter, and turn around and go home another time on my way to work because of the snow

Users who are viewing this thread