SNW Road America - First Call!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Just heard from my Northwood's buddies that RA is giving them August 15-17 this year. Basically the same weekend and format as last year so mark it on your calendar now.
:read::poke::burnout:

FWIW NASA also has the same weekend as last year - August 1-3. Obviously I am saying this at the risk of getting Bruce started again.

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
Ra

The 3 day event is really makes for a great long weekend and worth the tow. We just need to get Bruce to spring for LSC. Any news on MFBA? In the past they were the first event of the year. I think they had snow last year. Scott

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
What, you DARE bring up F-body in the Northwood's thread? Decent guys, but their event isn't in the same class. (OK, I'm just kidding)
Scott, RA always works to set dates on the BIG events first. Then they move on to the second tier ones. Club events like Northwoods, F-body, Badgers, etc then get offered what is left - though most times they stay on or near the same weekend each year. I suspect you will see/hear about RA other club dates real soon.

Look forwrd to seeing you at Northwoods - even if you did cross to the dark side!!!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Condier yourself lucky Scott.... for the first 10-12 years I was at this event the score was Fords whatever, Chebbies ZERO!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
How could I even consider missing this event! :pepper:

Hopefully we will have better weather this year! :-D

With the rear end fixed and upgraded in my R maybe I'll be able to give you a little more competition this year Fred. ;-)

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish I could attend that weekend, but we will be up earlier for the Kohler Challenge. I really like Road America. It has to be the best place in the world (OK, except maybe for Watkins in the summer and Sebring during the winter).

I've already booked my room at the Osthoff, and I am looking forward to seeing what they did with Siebkens. I just wish you guys would do something about that traffic around Chicago. :shrug:

I would really like to learn how to get around RA in at least a decent time. :shrug: Last year:

GJ-1.gif

Kohler Challenge:
http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-7A9PME?OpenDocument

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I wish I could attend that weekend, but we will be up earlier for the Kohler Challenge. I really like Road America. It has to be the best place in the world (OK, except maybe for Watkins in the summer and Sebring during the winter).

I've already booked my room at the Osthoff, and I am looking forward to seeing what they did with Siebkens. I just wish you guys would do something about that traffic around Chicago. :shrug:

I would really like to learn how to get around RA in at least a decent time. :shrug: Last year:

Kohler Challenge:
http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-7A9PME?OpenDocument

Doc:

I really hope to see you up at the Kohler Challenge this year. Even if it means missing the Gingerman SVTOA event. :(

You can afford to stay at the Oshtoff?! Damn, you must be on the deluxe Social Security plan! ;-) AND you can afford to race too!!! :eek: You're my idol! :bowdown:

Regarding the Chicago traffic. With the construction downtown it's no longer advisable to take the Skyway (I-90) anymore. The best route is the long way around on 294. It's a PITA but what can you do!?! It's Chicago! There is NO escaping it! :cryying:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

PETSNKE

Established Member
I just wish you guys would do something about that traffic around Chicago. :shrug:

It's better now than it has been in years:banana: I can even drive home from Gingerman without swapping out the Hawk blues since I don't hardly have to use any brakes.

I'm looking forward to my first trip up to Road America with Northwoods. I'll probably also be at Blackhawk Farms on June 6th.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
You can afford to stay at the Oshtoff?
Heck, you are the one that told us to stay there. We decided to take your advice seriously and put our room in your name. It really isn't that expensive after we split the cost of the room and used your senior citizen's discount. :pepper:

It is fun saying downtown. They have the car shows on Friday and Saturday night, and there are several good restaurants within walking distance. There is also ample opportunity to stay up too late over at Siebkens. :beer:

With the construction downtown it's no longer advisable to take the Skyway (I-90) anymore. The best route is the long way around on 294. It's a PITA but what can you do!?! It's Chicago!
Someone called us last year that was a few hours ahead of us and advised to go through town. It seems like this worked OK last year. On the return trip, I was driving, and my partner fell asleep. I had to use his Garmin GPS to go around Chicago. I don't remember the road, but I think it was the bypass? Not only was the traffic bad and the road littered with huge potholes, I had to stop every three miles and drop a few bucks in a toll booth. And neither time was during rush hour.

Some free advice for you. Bring twice as many pads and rotors than what you'd normally bring to any other track event.
And bring plenty of gas money. I think we were using almost a gallon of gas on every lap.

The Cozzi Jaguar at Road America (they brought eight cars in two rigs):
predator.gif

We parked directly across from them. You know the area as that large bathroom is directly behind their rig.

One of Bruce's rich friends from WI (this car is the real deal):
CC.gif

Users who are viewing this thread