snub with kenne bell 2.6

lightningmystic

Established Member
well i have been gathering parts for a while and as im about to tear in i found my pulley combo is way more than i wanted. k.b. 2.6 with a billetflow 2.9 and 2# lower get 22#. i am shooting for the 18 that kb suggests. talked to b.f. and they dont know how the snub matches up to a kb so does anyone out there have a k.b. and a b.f. snub. let me know what sizes you have. i will be runnung bbk long tubes so i will loose a little boost but for now im thinking of running the stock lower and a bf 3.1 and maybe end up at 19#. what do you guys think, car is street drivin more than track but as most of us i want the most i can get with it safe of course:rockon:

ToddEdge

Established Member
I run a KB 2.6 with the Billetflow 100mm snub idler. With a 3.0 KB pulley and the stock lower, I was getting 22.4 pounds of boost. I just swapped to a 3.5" upper pulley and I'm at 18.3 pounds but, the car is going in next week for a 2# lower pulley and long tubes. I think with that combo I should be about 18.5-19 pounds of boost.

With a 2.9 and a 2# lower, you should be around 24 pounds. Were you getting any belt slip?

Todd

Last edited:

lightningmystic

Established Member
I haven't run the combo. I have the parts but didt realize it would be that much so now im trying to figure which way to go. Reall would like to use a billetflow upper and snub but trying to get the boost right at 18-19 would call for a b.f 3.4 but the new snub wont fit on and eaton. I was hoping someone could confirm the kenne bell puts the the blower pulley a little higher allowing more room for a snub. I wish you could measure it for me but i dont know if there is a way to determine if the k.b. sits higher than the eaton.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I run the original BF snub idler with my 2.8H and 3.75", 3.5" and 3.25" pulleys. The 2.8 and 2.6 are the same height, but the case is shorter on the 2.6. I run the 4" pulley without the idler as the belt is too short (it doesn't make enough boost anyway). I think the idler clearance would be too little for the 4" pulley even if the belt were long enough. I think the original BF snub idler has a little more clearance then the re-design. Below is a pictire with the 3.5" pulley and original BF snub idler:

Cobra%20100905%20Engine%20FT.JPG

another angle:

Cobra%20100905%20Engine%20RT.jpg

Last edited:

lightningmystic

Established Member
Well i have been talking with bad99svt and he is running a 3.75 with a snub. I dont know what bracket it is yet but im hoping it will work on the new stlye. As long as it fits id like to run a 3.4 upper and a 2# lower with either a 90 or 100 snub. I have both beavis so i will try them out and spare you on this one but ill be using you soon im sure. The pics help quick strike! If thats a 3.5 then im hoping a 3.4 will be ok but not sure with the new bracket. Ill keep everyone posted on what i come up with when i tear into it. If anyone has an old style bracket let me know. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread