Snow troubles. Cracked Bumper.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Ok, so we just had a record snowstorm in Tulsa and I hit a patch of ice going about 10 mph and ran into a snow enbankment. My front bumper is cracked down the middle on the lower part. Is there a way a body shop can fix my bumper, or do I need a new one? If I need a new one, where should I pick one up at and what can i expect to pay to get this fixed and painted. Any help guys?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Time to upgrade to a 00R spliter, there's plenty of those around, check out www.cervinis.com.

You should also try really hard to get yourself a winter beater for just such occasions. This is why my other car is a '95 Jeep!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Cobra<> good snow car .... Get a cheapo beater .... Did you try Ford for the bumper ? I just replaced mine this year with no issues.

CobraDDz

SVT Rookie
Established Member
Seriously sucks that I (we) can't get a replacment front bumper that is the stock look. So I guess the only good options are the 00R bumper or the 03-04 bumper. 00R bumper is cool looking but I amagine they take a beating on the streets, 03-04 bumper is nice but I don't want my mustang to look like the terminator. Major suckage!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i seem to recall manufacturers being required to sell service parts for like 10 years...maybe it's only 5? that sucks...someone will start making if aftermarket eventually i'm sure...

SSeatr

Established Member
i think i payed around $3 and change for a 03/04 front bumper with bezel foglights and around $200 for paint

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
CobraDDz said:
Seriously sucks that I (we) can't get a replacment front bumper that is the stock look. So I guess the only good options are the 00R bumper or the 03-04 bumper. 00R bumper is cool looking but I amagine they take a beating on the streets, 03-04 bumper is nice but I don't want my mustang to look like the terminator. Major suckage!

Yea I bought one from cervinis a few months ago and after test fitting and finding that it wouldn't even make it up my driveway I had to return it. Looked mean as hell though. I just wish the removable one wasn't so damn expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread