Snow performance methanol kit

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Anybody running a Snow Performance meth kit? I've came accross a great deal one. Just wondering what kind of gains to expect. Any positive or negative feed back would be cool. Thanks

Last edited:

DolSVT00

Established Member
Placebo gains if you can't adjust your tune for it (you need more timing to take advantage of it) It does cool the intake charge slightly with the Eaton.

I made 20hp and 7ftlbs more on the same tune in back to back runs just by turning it on, thats nice for bragging rights but its reletively placebo at the track. What it really does is allow you to run more timing on 93 octane and be safe, it also lets you run a leaner A/F ratio because it richens your air fuel about a point more.

I have the Snow kit with the Maf controller, 625ml nozzle ,150psi pump. It was worth it for me, but thats baised on my results I use 50/50 water/meth.

Enileate

Established Member
Lightningquick installed one on my truck a few months ago. I have a 380" motor with a stock fuel system, along with the stock blower. He told me i needed it to cool the intake charge. He also said that it would help with possible lean fuel conditions. The only possible draw back to the addition of a snow methanol injection kit, is that it requires another tank to re-fill.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Lightningquick installed one on my truck a few months ago. I have a 380" motor with a stock fuel system, along with the stock blower. He told me i needed it to cool the intake charge. He also said that it would help with possible lean fuel conditions. The only possible draw back to the addition of a snow methanol injection kit, is that it requires another tank to re-fill.

I used my washer fluid tank........ After all, winter blends of winshield washer fluid have 40-50% methanol in them........ BTW my 50/50 mix still cleans the winshield too LOL

Enileate

Established Member
I used my washer fluid tank........ After all, winter blends of winshield washer fluid have 40-50% methanol in them........ BTW my 50/50 mix still cleans the winshield too LOL

I buy the fluid when im in Reno Nevada it also has a high content of methanol. It blows my mind that windshield washer fluid help the truck run better. The snow kit seems to trick the truck into thinking that it is always winter.

ducman996

Established Member
If nothing else, it is great insurance against detonation. You can basically run the same tune on 91 octane + 50/50 meth injection as you can on 100 octane, so it can be used as a cheap alternative to running race fuel all the time. When I installed the 2.3 whipple on my stock block I could no longer run the same timming and A/F as I could with my ported eaton and 6# lower. I had to lower my timming from 14* down to 12* and fatten up my A/F from 11.8 down to 10.8-11.0 or else every once in a while I would hear detonation in 3rd gear at WOT. After the detune felt like I lost some torque down low, although it still pulled harder on top with the whipple. After I installed the meth injection and put the tune back to 14* and 12.0 A/F (11.0 with the meth injection) it definitely feels a lot stronger and way better throttle response. And now at the same boost levels as with the ported eaton and basically the same tune it runs more than 1/2 second faster in the 1/4. I can get methanol for $2.xx per gallon so cut 50/50 it only costs a little over $1 for a gallon of boost juice which will last around 1 tank of gas if you are on the throttle a LOT, and you dont use any if you dont go over 1/2 throttle.

I also used the winshield washer resevior and installed the low level warning light option from Snow.

Last edited:

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Nice... thanks to everyone for the input. I'm probably going to ge the kit. Like I said; I've got a SCREAMING deal on this thing.

busakiller

Established Member
ive installed a few and dont particularly like the quality of the actual idea itself. it works, dont get me wrong. but, leaks drive me nuts and they seem to leak.

snow performance has an actual message board on their website. check it out. tons of info and tons of Q&A.

Snow Performance: Forums

Users who are viewing this thread