snow needs to stay out of the southeast

todontblink

Established Member
how many people had trouble getting around because of the darn snow? i stopped by a friends house for about 15min after work, just long enough for snow to hit the road and didnt make it a half a mile before the 315 nittos decided the snow was too much and got stuck in the middle of a back road in columbia sc. the tow truck takes my cobra back to my friends house puts it in the drive way i look out side ten min later and my car decided it was a bobsled and had slid out of the drive way and into the road. moral of the story snow need to stay out of the southeast because i dont want to buy anything but summer tires.

DE07GT

Established Member
All-season tires don't do anything to help on a Mustang anyway. Try having 3 feet of snow in one week in a state that can only handle 10 inches a year at the most. I haven't been able to drive my car in two weeks even though it's my DD. It's getting parked until the weather stops sucking so bad.

Jroc

Established Member
Well my fellow SC midlands guy check out my snow Cobra.
28sanmw.jpg

x6de7p.jpg

t7yj2a.jpg

Snow dogs.
903vyb.jpg

24cy0px.jpg

Snow dirt bike.
1h731x.jpg

dom334.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool.
25zjdqw.jpg

JMoraru

Established Member
yea my car is terrible in the snow. ive got 285 michelin pilot sports that are about ready to be changed on my car. it did fine on the road because i went really easy on it, but leaving the parking lots and starts i was spinning a lot. i actually left work early last night to make it home before it got worse. felt bad driving in the snow on my 3 piece 20" shelby wheels that are extremely rare and not longer made.

bam

Established Member
Yesterday was AWESOME. Had no where to be, snowball fight with the cute neighbors, movie and drinks in the evening. Depressed it's all melting now, though.

todontblink

Established Member
i felt so retarted when i was stuck because there were all kinds of other cars going around and every time i lifted my clutch to try and move i just got closer to the ditch. then a cts came by and and it got stuck 50ft in front of me and i didnt feel so bad any more cause then it started to log jam with other cars not ready for it and a few trucks just going around it all. i got mad when my car slid out of the driveway with the ebrake on and in reverse just wouldnt stay. this was all with in about 2 miles of the airport that got 8.6 inches while not a blizzard it is the most that has fallen in one day in my life here.

tow truck dropping off
towtruckdroppingoff.gif

i know i left my car here?
slidemarks.gif

ah found it...out in the middle of the street...again
sideofroadafterslide.gif

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Here are what Bridgestone Blizzak's can accomplish on a Mustang GT. That's 14 inches of snow. Get that crap in Chicago all the time.
Blizzak1.jpg

Blizzak2.jpg

Last edited:

todontblink

Established Member
Here are what Bridgestone Blizzak's can accomplish on a Mustang GT. That's 14 inches of snow. Get that crap in Chicago all the time.

i wish i had them this weekend that is impressive but no real point in buying them because it will be another 5+ years before snow sticks to the roads in columbia again. but with 14 inches i would be sol or a snow plow my car has maybe 3 inches of clearance on a good day.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
I have a Subaru tribeca b9 that had no problem moving about in the snow. I was more worried about people hitting me then anything though.

Im glad it is gone again, hopefully it will stay gone.

Users who are viewing this thread