Snow Boarding and Skiing

MG01GT

Established Member
Anybody here into snowboarding and skiing? It’s been a pretty wild year here out west as far as snow and snow quality goes. We have an Ikon pass and ride Mammoth, Solitude and Snowbird every season and this was by far some of the best Pow (powder) I’ve ridden in a long time. Only down side is the weekend and springtime riding has gotten super congested no matter where you go.
701fd87d833c0ee85065b88e45467309.jpg

7edd36b2af594ed2e8f98244ff0cb7d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I started in 1989. Back then slopes would not let you board on the mountains with skiers, only limited to the half pipe. The first local resort was Wisp in PA, but you had to get certified and get a photo ID arm badge to enjoy the slope. Then in 1990 I became a certified snowboard instructor and was employed on the weekends to instuct. Back an forth every weekend. It was more about partying then boarding for years. I did Boardercross and also competed against other slopes. My nickname was (Ziggy). Wild time in my life and happy to have lived it.

MG01GT

Established Member
Pics of my two hardboards. The primary slope condition in the high east is hard pack- to ice. I could lay these boards down and board within inches of my face. These were the GT of hardware and I could smoke any soft boot rider with ease. View attachment 1792681View attachment 1792682

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Damn you get at it then didn’t ya!! I ****ed up last year and rode my Burton Deep Thinker in hard pack and ice and learned really quick I was out of my elements on that board. Great directional board in the pow but man she’s not forgiving else where. Went to this never summer this season and it was much better.

einehund

Established Member
That’s on my bucket list like for reals! How was it?

Pretty good as long as the ash was blowing to the south. Season is really short due to latitude... only maybe 6 or 8 weeks long.

MG01GT

Established Member
Pretty good as long as the ash was blowing to the south. Season is really short due to latitude... only maybe 6 or 8 weeks long.

Is that a Helo drop in or does it take some work to get up there to the top?

Reaper14

Established Member
<--- Alpine Ski Patroller for the last 10 years
Skiing for 35 years now

Cant believe im gonna post a pic of my ugly ass on here lol

Ugly indeed, but that's awesome. I've always wanted to go next door to Colorado & ski. Pizza, French fries, pizza French fries, or so I'm told.

MG01GT

Established Member
Skiing for 35 years now

Cant believe im gonna post a pic of my ugly ass on here lol

My son is 14 and a really good rider and everything he’s learned is because he makes friends with some random ski patroller every trip we make lol. I think it’s awesome what you guys do behind the scenes that a lot of people on the mountain don’t see!!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My son is 14 and a really good rider and everything he’s learned is because he makes friends with some random ski patroller every trip we make lol. I think it’s awesome what you guys do behind the scenes that a lot of people on the mountain don’t see!!

We do a lot that people never even think of...and we party hard afterwords lol...they really shit when they see us hanging from the lift on a swiss seat or similar. Most of us are trained on self evac but i myself prefer a bolle and swiss seat...im old like that lol...i mean i can self evac but i hate it lol

They almost shit when they find out my radio talks to the helo when needed which happens a few times a year

I especially hate skiing when we are making snow...and we do our annual lift evac training with the snow running on us to make it as bad conditions as possible...hate it!!! Lol...but its fun too lol

We have a couple loser snowboarders on our patrol lol...none on my team but a handful...my self and one othet dude still dont wear helmets lol...er get shit about that all the time

Last edited:

MG01GT

Established Member
We do a lot that people never even think of...and we party hard afterwords lol...they really shit when they see us hanging from the lift on a swiss seat or similar. Most of us are trained on self evac but i myself prefer a bolle and swiss seat...im old like that lol...i mean i can self evac but i hate it lol

They almost shit when they find out my radio talks to the helo when needed which happens a few times a year

I especially hate skiing when we are making snow...and we do our annual lift evac training with the snow running on us to make it as bad conditions as possible...hate it!!! Lol...but its fun too lol

We have a couple loser snowboarders on our patrol lol...none on my team but a handful...my self and one othet dude still dont wear helmets lol...er get shit about that all the time

It’s gotta be a fun gig regardless! I’ve had a couple concussions through my life so im one of those that rides with a helmet. Gotta protect the dome piece and what little brain cells I still have lol.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I love boarding. only do it every 2-3 years though. I want to go again this year

MG01GT

Established Member
I love boarding. only do it every 2-3 years though. I want to go again this year

I hadn’t ridden for about 10 years until I got commuted to it about 3 years ago so I know that feeling. I only hope this years snow is as good as it was a couple months ago. Where do you go ride?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I hadn’t ridden for about 10 years until I got commuted to it about 3 years ago so I know that feeling. I only hope this years snow is as good as it was a couple months ago. Where do you go ride?

Snowbird

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haven't been for two years.. but we used to go twice a year to Colorado and Utah to ski, loved it.

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I used to live 10 minutes from Killington. I had an all east pass and would go everyday. Haven’t been riding in probably 10 years now but it was something that truly made me happy.

Hoping to get my kids into it or at least leave them on top of the mountain and make a break for it.

Users who are viewing this thread