Sniper tuning system and sct chip?

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
I have a SCT chip that is tuned with a safe tune for 93 octane. I have a Sniper Special Forces tuning system. It states to copy the factory tune from the ecu and then it will allow you to modify the it. Can I simply plug the interface box into the car and copy the tune from the sct chip since its actually plugged into the ecu? Then modify the timing tables and add race fuel? Of course keeping the timing in a realistic spot, its at 19 now, say if I add timing in 1 deg increments and datalog after the modification each time it was changed to watch for any detonation. Is this all feesable?? Any imput on the Sniper System is greatly appreciated!:beer:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
I have a SCT chip that is tuned with a safe tune for 93 octane. I have a Sniper Special Forces tuning system. It states to copy the factory tune from the ecu and then it will allow you to modify the it. Can I simply plug the interface box into the car and copy the tune from the sct chip since its actually plugged into the ecu? Then modify the timing tables and add race fuel? Of course keeping the timing in a realistic spot, its at 19 now, say if I add timing in 1 deg increments and datalog after the modification each time it was changed to watch for any detonation. Is this all feesable?? Any imput on the Sniper System is greatly appreciated!:beer:

I am one of there biggest dealers. No you cannot read a chip with the sniper stuff. When you try to read it will flash a code
. You need to unplug the chip and then read out the factory tune

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
OP, The only way you can start with the tune that is on the chip is to get a copy of it from the original shop that tuned it and open it with SCT software. If you plan on using different software you will need to obtain what values were changed from X to Y.

There is no way around this that I am aware of.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
OP, give Sniper a call and they should be able to provide you with a stock tune file for your vehicle.

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
Thanks to everyone. I will call Chris as soon as I get my new updated software from them.

Users who are viewing this thread