Snake struck the 11s!

04gtstang

Established Member
Finally 11s again! Feels good, and im very impressed with the car running like it does for the few mods it has! This is actually the first time I have been to the track with this car :rockon:

Anyways she went a 11.95 @ 118 HOTLAPPING with a FULL tank of gas and in 100% STREET trim. :banana: All I did was let the air in the rears down to 16.5PSI, and its still there after the 80 mile trip back home. :thumbsup:

Ill have a video and the slip up tomorrow with more details. GOOD NIGHT, im beat.

Oh and Allen (throttle Jockey), good seeing you guys down there! You guys were bustin off some good times as well....I think if they would have prepped the track better (only seen them do anything maybe 2 times....just a little VHT and torch in left lane) you could have tagged those 11s!

EDIT: HERE IS THE VIDEO! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV0z7VsQcng"]YouTube - My Terminator at the track[/ame]

Last edited:

5.0Stanger

You're kidding, right?
Established Member
Finally 11s again! Feels good, and im very impressed with the car running like it does for the few mods it has! This is actually the first time I have been to the track with this car :rockon:

Anyways she went a 11.95 @ 118 HOTLAPPING with a FULL tank of gas and in 100% STREET trim. :banana: All I did was let the air in the rears down to 16.5PSI, and its still there after the 80 mile trip back home. :thumbsup:

Where'd you run that? HRP? What tires are you running? Mine's still slightly stock, and I'm trying to get mine hooked up a little better.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
That's awesome what was you 60ft and what kinda tires were you running? :rockon:

04gtstang

Established Member
Thank you :)

I was running MT "et street radials" (DRs) and my 60' was improving over the last 4 runs when I actually started doing a burnout with the tires LOL. Before that, they didnt hook worth beans...obviously I suppose. The 11.95 was my last run of the night and my 60' was only a 1.87 :) That should come down next wednesday when I go again :D I know she has ALOT left in her!

Anyways HERE IS THE VIDEO [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV0z7VsQcng"]YouTube - My Terminator at the track[/ame]

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
nice job. I think with a really good launch you should be right about that 11.7 or 11.8 like i told you. Those 315s plus the clutch quad. and firewall adj. made a big difference. Congrats and hope you like the car!

04gtstang

Established Member
Thanks Adam...and yea thats what im shooting for this wednesday when we go :D Now that I figured out these tires like a little heat, ill be getting more aggressive with the launch. Once I started doing the burnout, my 60' dropped with everypass as I raised the RPM.

Oh man I LOVE it. Engine bay is still just as clean as when I picked it up....I keep her spotless hah.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
That blower sounds good. Let that car cool for an hour, put the mickey t's down to 13.5 cold, hold at 4k, don't dump it tho bring the clutch out fast. You should go 11.50's judging by your videos you drive great.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
That blower sounds good. Let that car cool for an hour, put the mickey t's down to 13.5 cold, hold at 4k, don't dump it tho bring the clutch out fast. You should go 11.50's judging by your videos you drive great.

+1 on that. Shifting was great and with that mph it'll hit 11.50. I ran 11.50 at full weight at about the same power level with a 1.70 60'.

04gtstang

Established Member
Thank you trans am, and F8LSNAKE! So 13.5PSI eh? Ill try going lower on the pressure.

And thanks also for complementing my driving haha. I still "feel" slow at shifting, but didnt seem to bad on video. Definatly not as good as I can be....still getting used to the tranny. Wont ever powershift it though.

Oh yea, and I also found that my IC pump isnt circulating the fluid like it should be...you cant even see it flowing or feel it....just slowly gets warm. SO I must have a bubble in the system, and unfortunatly I dont think ill have time to fix it :( Ill bring my laptop this time though to see what my IAT2s are....im assuming they are probably high since I generally hotlap until I learn well how a car likes to be launched. Hopefully when I fix that, maybe it will unlock another MPH or 2.

Last edited:

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
If you run 13.5 cold, after the burnout and first pass should be around 15. Either way cooling the car is good for the clutch and they just run that much better.

04gtstang

Established Member
Well I only got 3 passes in wednesday and the best I could do was a 11.99....nothing changed. I still need to play with the launch and I know she will go lower. Track prep sucked this week too...I tried a 4K run but the rear started to break as I was letting off the clutch and starting to hammer it...so I let up a bit and pushed in the clutch a split second to let everything rehook. On my 3500RPM launch, everything hooked good and thats the 11.99 run. But I launch EASY and I also do not powershift. I dont want to break anything haha.

Another thing is that im not sure about everyone elses, but my car traps the same all the time. 3 hotlaps in a row and all were at 118MPH. Last time I did like 6 or 7 in a row and on the last one it dropped to a 117.9 or something, so I then let her cool down. Only gained 1 MPH to 119 after a 1 hour cool down. Common or not?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
It traps the same all the time because it's not cooled down. It's probably constantly pulling out timing. If you were to let it cool and put some ice in the ic reservoir I would be willing to bet your traps will come up considerably. At least you know what it runs in street trim though. My trap speeds vary greatly from icey to running uncooled.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you don't have a cold air in your fender take that passenger side headlight out now! Hopefully you already have though. You'll pick up a couple of mph doing it next time. Let that thing cool way down also. Good driving!

04gtstang

Established Member
It traps the same all the time because it's not cooled down. It's probably constantly pulling out timing. If you were to let it cool and put some ice in the ic reservoir I would be willing to bet your traps will come up considerably. At least you know what it runs in street trim though. My trap speeds vary greatly from icey to running uncooled.

Yea I havnt tried a TOTAL cool down...after an hour of just setting with the hood open the blower was still pretty hot. I may try that next time to just see what it does to trap. What about those freezer packs? Can I just bring a few in a cooler and use those? What sortof of trap difference are you talking about? like 2-3 MPH?

Congrats on your PB! :beer:

Thanks Almo :rockon:

Stock half shafts?

Nice car and runs!

Thanks and yep, everything in the rear is stock except for a billetflow IRS brace. Car rarely wheel hopps....but one one run it did at the launch and after reading of disasters on here and MF I let out LOL. Thats why i come out soo easy...these half shafts are not cheap to replace!

If you don't have a cold air in your fender take that passenger side headlight out now! Hopefully you already have though. You'll pick up a couple of mph doing it next time. Let that thing cool way down also. Good driving!

No its a filter cone on the stock inlet tube...with a "heat shield". Once moving the IAT1s go down...but still not THAT fast. I never did get around to pulling the pass headlight :( I had let the car cool for about 2 hours and was going to run it first cool to see the difference, and then pull the headlight out....but a chevy loosing a tranny stopped all teh fun and they shut the track down. :bash: And thanks :beer:

Any other advice you guys can give me, im all ears....you guys are the best and know what works.

On another note im actually going to start working on adding a remote mount intercooler with fan to my existing setup. Ill post the before/after data once im done...this will be after the car is tuned with my 3.10 pulley in place :thumbsup: Just need to find someone with a pulley puller and it can go on!

BTW I just got my aeroforce gauge in and checked out the boost...seeing only just over 12PSI @ 70* temps and then falls to around 10 @ a little over 6K. Seems like pretty low boost for a "6# lower" (basically like a 3.10 upper only) :lol: But thats fine with me....car makes good power for just 12PSI I suppose. Now to see how she runs at the track when I through the 3.10 upper on HOPEFULLY next week :banana:

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Cool that thing completely down like was said above and take that passenger side headlight out. I picked up like 1 1/2 to 2mph in the 1/8th mile. Couldn't believe it. Hard to learn it form a Mustang GT owner though. When he said it helped him I took a look at mine and was like holy ****! Reason is that cold air just slams right into your air filter.

Users who are viewing this thread