Snake on the Engine?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Am I wrong, or is this the first Cobra that doesn't have a Snake under the Hood. Most all Cobra's I can remember seeing had some type of snake emblem on the intake. Obviously the Supercharger takes up that space, but seems to me some type of plate could have been designed to go ontop if that, unless heat would be an issue.

SlipNslide281

Established Member
Thats a good observation. I think your right. :) But I would trade the emblem for a blower anyday. :thumbsup:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Looking at UPR's sight I noticed an emblem plate for the 94-98 Cobra that looks like it would fit on top of the supercharger if there was some way to mount it.

NCStanger

Established Member
What about a hood light? I have only had GT's in my past and thought it a little strange that my 03 didn't have one that I could see. At night nothing comes on when I pop the hood. Is mine burned out?

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
They should have put one on the blower pully cover. Just my opinion though. Small gripe anyway.

A's Cobra

Established Member
one guy had a cobra pully cover posted here, looked great, wanted way to much

A's Cobra

Established Member
svt should have made this a stock part.... missed that one svt team

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Yeah. It went for $195. I would have paid $50 or 60 for it but no way on $195. Some people will though.

NWUCIT

Established Member
Just received and mounted the blue OEM snake emblem from the '99/'01 intake....fits perfectly on the flat side (facing oil fill cap) of the S/C guard.....I think it looks very sharp (sorry , can't post pics)....ordered from Performance Parts, Inc for $20....can find their ad in 5.0 mag or web is www.MustangParts.com.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
The nicest "Cobra" you can get for the engine is the "Cobra" oil cap in chrome from MGW ( MGWLTD.COM).

The cap's top is a little wider than stock, and the engraved "Cobra" is licensed from Ford.

It looks great and fits in very well with the overall engine appearance.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread