psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Never would I have ever thought that Shelly would look like this:
20161117_165306.jpg

20161117_165312.jpg

This is when it started:
20161117_113542.jpg

Took her on a 1800 mile trip, mother nature threw me a knuckleball, got caught up in the middle of a snow storm crossing the rockies in Wyoming. It took all the energy I had to creep through that 200+ miles. After the snow, continued to fight the snake through many imperfect roads. It was darting all over the place, I am drained from driving it. I have decided to replace my SVT wheels with something else, a little narrow on the front. I am tired of struggling to keep her straight in the lanes. If the road is nice and smooth, no issues but if not, she is all over the place. While changing lanes, once on wheel touch that gap between the lanes, she launches to that side. That is nerve racking when on multiple lanes with major traffic. I have to do something. Anyone have this issue and what have you done to fix it. Stock suspensions (SVTPP) with Michelin pilot tires.

Last edited:

Beercules

Established Member
Got through before they shut down i80? Part of that road was foggy before it snowed, so there was really slick ice under the snow. Keep your tires on the snow instead of the packed lanes, a little more traction there. Turn on hazards and do 35 or so.
Michelin pilot... a/s3 or super sport? The as3 will be much better as they're all season instead of summer only. Keep it slow, remember newton's first law...no sudden or huge moves... wave as you pass all the pickups in the ditch that just passed you at full speed.
If needed, pull onto an off ramp instead of the side of the road, I don't trust people in the snow.
As a last resort, i think I'd rather ditch it than hit another vehicle. If you're doing 35 it shouldn't flip. Keep your cell phone topped up and stock up on food/water in case you get stuck.

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
Best thing to do is not drive your Shelby in that kind of weather. At the least, buy a cheap beater that's more suitable for all conditions.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Got through before they shut down i80? Part of that road was foggy before it snowed, so there was really slick ice under the snow. Keep your tires on the snow instead of the packed lanes, a little more traction there. Turn on hazards and do 35 or so.
Michelin pilot... a/s3 or super sport? The as3 will be much better as they're all season instead of summer only. Keep it slow, remember newton's first law...no sudden or huge moves... wave as you pass all the pickups in the ditch that just passed you at full speed.
If needed, pull onto an off ramp instead of the side of the road, I don't trust people in the snow.
As a last resort, i think I'd rather ditch it than hit another vehicle. If you're doing 35 it shouldn't flip. Keep your cell phone topped up and stock up on food/water in case you get stuck.

i got lucky, I got on I80 at Laramie, they closed it down between Cheyenne and Laramie.

Best thing to do is not drive your Shelby in that kind of weather. At the least, buy a cheap beater that's more suitable for all conditions.
It wasn't planned, hence, mother nature threw me a knuckleball. I was headed home to WA when the storm came across, so had no choice but keep it moving.

Users who are viewing this thread