Snake Fight on I-65 North between IN and KY

key

Established Member
Heading North on I-65 across the bridge form Kentucky to Indiana there are 4 big lanes. Sometimes, when there isn't any traffic, I'll run the Cobra through it's gears on the bridge.

So, with today being the Daytona 500, I was feeling a bit racy. I was all set up to get my Cobra up-and-running when I entered the bridge. I was in 3rd @60. Just to make sure it was safe, I looked in the rear-view to see if there were cops back there.

I found something way better than a cop. It was a '01 Cobra convertable. Lazer red, Cobra R (95 Style) hood, Saleen S281 wing, Lowered, and big wide tires/wheels. He even had his fog lights on. Needless to say, it was very nice.

So, I switched lanes, slowed to 45MPH, and waited. He finally caught up to my side about 3/4s of the way across the bridge.

Now, usually, it takes a second to know if someone wants to race. This guy was different. As soon as he was beside me, he downshifted and got on it. I was still in 3rd, going 60MPH again when he did this. He got a little bit of a jump (about a bumper's worth). But, as soon as I got on it, I started to pull. At the top of third, he was about 1 car back, when I shifted to forth, it was all over for him. He finally let off when I had about 2 1/2 cars on him. That was around 110 or so.

I slowed down (to let him catch up - I *love* doing that), gave him the thumbs up, and he was a real cool guy. I wanted to talk to him to see what he had, but never got a chance. I know he had some exhaust work, his car sounded real mean.

To his credit, he did have a couple of people in his car, but I really don't think they would've made a 2 1/2 car difference.

It's about time I got a clean race with an '01 Cobra :D

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Good kill but how do you know it was a '01 if he has all those mods on it?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Good kill, as well.

As far as ID: smoked headlights, COBRA, instead of MUSTANG in the bumper and "SVT" instead of "SVT Cobra" on the decklid set the '01s apart from the '99s (as well as Electric Green-'99 and True Blue-'01 paint).

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Good kill, as well.

As far as ID: smoked headlights, COBRA, instead of MUSTANG in the bumper and "SVT" instead of "SVT Cobra" on the decklid set the '01s apart from the '99s (as well as Electric Green-'99 and True Blue-'01 paint).

And now I know.:read:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Good kill, as well.

Don't forget that performance red was only in 2001

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
Heading North on I-65 across the bridge form Kentucky to Indiana there are 4 big lanes. Sometimes, when there isn't any traffic, I'll run the Cobra through it's gears on the bridge.

So, with today being the Daytona 500, I was feeling a bit racy. I was all set up to get my Cobra up-and-running when I entered the bridge. I was in 3rd @60. Just to make sure it was safe, I looked in the rear-view to see if there were cops back there.

I found something way better than a cop. It was a '01 Cobra convertable. Lazer red, Cobra R (95 Style) hood, Saleen S281 wing, Lowered, and big wide tires/wheels. He even had his fog lights on. Needless to say, it was very nice.

So, I switched lanes, slowed to 45MPH, and waited. He finally caught up to my side about 3/4s of the way across the bridge.

Now, usually, it takes a second to know if someone wants to race. This guy was different. As soon as he was beside me, he downshifted and got on it. I was still in 3rd, going 60MPH again when he did this. He got a little bit of a jump (about a bumper's worth). But, as soon as I got on it, I started to pull. At the top of third, he was about 1 car back, when I shifted to forth, it was all over for him. He finally let off when I had about 2 1/2 cars on him. That was around 110 or so.

I slowed down (to let him catch up - I *love* doing that), gave him the thumbs up, and he was a real cool guy. I wanted to talk to him to see what he had, but never got a chance. I know he had some exhaust work, his car sounded real mean.

To his credit, he did have a couple of people in his car, but I really don't think they would've made a 2 1/2 car difference.

It's about time I got a clean race with an '01 Cobra :D

Zach,
I think I know who that guy is. if he has 2000 R wheels, it's a guy that goes to U of L. He's cool, but his car only has cat - back as far as I can remember. car looks sweet as hell..

And about a clean race w/ a '01 cobra, anytime you feel froggy buddy!!

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Re: Re: Snake Fight on I-65 North between IN and KY

Originally posted by quick01snake

Zach,
I think I know who that guy is. if he has 2000 R wheels, it's a guy that goes to U of L. He's cool, but his car only has cat - back as far as I can remember. car looks sweet as hell..

And about a clean race w/ a '01 cobra, anytime you feel froggy buddy!!

I haven't been able to get any 2001's to run me and I'm feeling pretty froggy. :D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Snake Fight on I-65 North between IN and KY

Originally posted by Booyah

I haven't been able to get any 2001's to run me and I'm feeling pretty froggy. :D

Win or lose, I always run....

Users who are viewing this thread