Snake Emblem Question

brian3724

Established Member
I met a guy today who has a black 93 with 72k and he mentioned that his snake emblems were factory and that mine appeared upgraded. His was all chrome and mine has black inside the snake slits. I wasn't under the impression that anything had ever been done to my car. Were there different snake emblems?

buddha93

Established Member
What the what? LOL!

I have to admit, I've never ever heard that one before. The factory emblems do have the polished metal look with black accents for the eyes, scales, etc.

Whatever he has is not.

brian3724

Established Member
That's what I figured. Mine has the black accents on the body of the snake and the eyes. His had no black accents at all. Maybe he didn't have a real Cobra.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Yea the snakes have the black inserts in them. I use to paint the eyes on them red and the tips of the fangs red like they had taken a bite out of something lol.

WYSIWYG

Established Member
Here is my '93 Cobra emblem

DSC00092.jpg

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
When the Cobras hit my town back in '93 some idiot salesmen at the Ford dealerships where popping the emblems off of the new cars and anodizing them gold and then putting them back on. Some tail pipe tips were done this way too. Just plain stupid.

A friend of mine bought one this way. He couldn't wait to get them off and replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread