Snake Bite for our trucks

04sonicL

Established Member
Have not seen much info about this option or recent posts. Is anyone on here running this setup or know anyone that has with good results? I live in myrtle beach and was at mustang week everyday and its really been making me want to add a little more power to the old truck. Its a daily driver and I dont know that going with a KB or Whipple would really be worthwhile beeing on the stock block. I just watched a few older vids of L's with the snake bite on them and the whine sounds awesome. Any up to date info on the snake bite would be appreciated.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
a snake bite uses internal gears to spin the blower faster. Basically does what a lower pulley does which you already have.

You can port your current blower for good gains and add a 6lb lower and be good.

Id recommend adding a higher stall TQ, traction bars and suspension. That and good rubber will net you some good gains at the track. Those things also can transfer over to a built motor combo if you go that way.

bottom line, dont waste money on a snakebite.

Johnny1985

Try a search on lightningrodder.com as there is more info over there. But you are much better placed putting money elsewhere. Unless you HAVE to have a "stealth look"

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the snakebite has its place when arent able to run huge lower pullies, Lightnings can run plenty of lower pulley so as mentioned, unless youre trying to be sneaky the snake bite is NOT worthwhile....just get a port and a bigger lower

04sonicL

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. Seems like a port and maybe a 6lb lower would be the better route. Just dont want to blow my baby up haha. Been awhile since ive put some money into my truck and more power would be nice. Not to mention my dam exhaust is so loud when I get on it I can barely here the best sound of the whine. A port will make it scream yes?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, skip steggy and just port your own. Super easy to do. Also, if you port your Eaton, run a lower 6lb...not most guys look straight down and say "not racing you since you have a 6lb lower on there". To me, a stealth look would be having a ported Eaton and what ever lower you want. When i see whipple or KB on your car or truck...i'm thinking it's fast vs just a Eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread