SN95 Cobra Upgrades

SVTCOBRA428

Established Member
So i would like to here from you guys on your thoughts of my car might perform after this round of mods.

I have a 94 Cobra 5.0 that already has 4.10 gears, Aluminum drive line, Under Drive set up. Short throw shifter, Long tubes, Bassani off road X pipe into 3'' Mac. C&L Cold air Pro M Mass Air 70mm TB.

Now whats going on it.
A X90 Heads Ported and Polished
B Victor Jr 5.0 Intake
C 36 lbs inj with Pro M 36 lbs MA
D B303 Cam
E Meling HV oil Pump with Chrome Molly shaft
F Ford Racing Roller lifters
G 1.6 Roller Rockers
H NX 150 Shot (WET)
I Aeromotive Rails and regulator
J 255 L Fuel pump
K Steeda Sub Frame Conn
L Rear drag springs

I already have a set of Bogarts with 28'' Slicks. The best time with the old set up was 14 flat.

Let me know what yall think. Thanks Ryan

SVTCOBRA428

Established Member
I wanted all SVT guys to look at it. X90 heads are a SBF racing head. They are just a little better than stock but these have been worked over. ported polished 3 angle valave job. big springs 1.6 rollers.

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
Its just very dated. OTC cams are great, until you actually experience a custom grind. I spent the money and time time install a custom, and won't ever go off the shelf again.

Edit: regardless what you do, just enjoy what you put together and drive it.

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I'll 2nd the custom cam . I had a b303 it was sluggish . Went to an F cam still eh...... ponied up went custom and it sounds and runs awesome car had a crappy idle with the b303 too. Go custom 110%.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sell the 5.0 and get a 4.6

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I have a custom Howard cam in my 347. Sounds and works great. No complaints there. I hear fti makes a good custom cam. People also have had good luck with the off the shelf Anderson ford motorsport cams

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
Buddy Rawls did mine mine and outdid himself. FTI does great work as well. Whoever cuts it will take nitrous into account and make adjustments accordingly.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Yeah I would definitely go with a better cam than the B303

whats wrong with the b303 cam

thanks everyone. who would make the best custom cam for nitrous .

Ed Curtis

^^^ yep

If you did trickflow heads you'd make a lot more power to.

I can vouch for that one as well.

Unless you already have those heads trick flow and afr are a much better choice. A 190 head or 185 would be nice

So i would like to here from you guys on your thoughts of my car might perform after this round of mods.

I have a 94 Cobra 5.0 that already has 4.10 gears, Aluminum drive line, Under Drive set up. Short throw shifter, Long tubes, Bassani off road X pipe into 3'' Mac. C&L Cold air Pro M Mass Air 70mm TB.

Now whats going on it.
A X90 Heads Ported and Polished
B Victor Jr 5.0 Intake
C 36 lbs inj with Pro M 36 lbs MA
D B303 Cam
E Meling HV oil Pump with Chrome Molly shaft
F Ford Racing Roller lifters
G 1.6 Roller Rockers
H NX 150 Shot (WET)
I Aeromotive Rails and regulator
J 255 L Fuel pump
K Steeda Sub Frame Conn
L Rear drag springs

I already have a set of Bogarts with 28'' Slicks. The best time with the old set up was 14 flat.

Let me know what yall think. Thanks Ryan

1. Deff I would suggest better heads and cam, I would go with a pair of trickflow heads or AFR Heads, or a set of ported heads.

2. a custom cam or a comp cam, I run a set of ported trickflow heads and Comp Cam Extreme energy cam I run the xe274hr carm its a good size cam and I like it along with my set of trickflow heads.

3. Deff do good size cam, nice aluminm heads, gears, and long tubes is where its @ in a 5.0 car, esp with nitrous or on motor it will see big gains :rockon::beer::banana:

95R131

Established Member
11 second car easy with the N20. Should already be touching 12's as it is with the setup you already have. 14.0 is way out of line, consider getting a custom tune.

Users who are viewing this thread