SN Soild in 03

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
I am done with this IRS stuff. I have a soild out of an SN car, I know the width difference and the different Drive Shaft flange.

But,
What did you do about ABS, will the SN plug and play with the 03?
What about brakes, calipers, brackets, lines, ect?

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
I used my factory ebake cables,brake lines,calipers and the 04 gt rears abs sensors and the GT rears caliper brackets and and rotors.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
You have a rear end out from under a 99 up car. I am talking about a 94-98 car. They have small brakes on them and I dont know about the ABS sensors or rings.

Thanks though

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The ABS rings are the same. The sensors from the older rear may work, but they're different part numbers, so you may want to pick some up from a '99-newer. I assume your rear isn't out of a cobra? How complete is the rear you have? If it's complete, then you'll just connect your E-brake cables and brake lines, attach and plug in your ABS sensors, and your done. Well, plus the control arms and rear springs of your choice.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
The rear is out of a GT. Its from disk to dick. I am worried about the rotor diameter. The 03's have like a 13" on them while this rear has somewhere in the neighborhood of a 10-11" on it. I know my welds fit on the back of the 03 now, I guess I could go to the smaller brakes but dont really want too. Thanks for the info on the ABS rings, wonder if I could get the 03 sensors to work on the SN rear ABS bracket?

Just want to have everything lined out before I start this.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The rear cobra rotors are only 11.6 or something. The GT/V6 ones are about 11". So no big difference there. If your wheels fit your '03, they'll fit everything else.

Also, there is no way your '03 cobra ABS sensors will work with a solid axle. They're completely different.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
The rear cobra rotors are only 11.6 or something. The GT/V6 ones are about 11". So no big difference there. If your wheels fit your '03, they'll fit everything else.

Also, there is no way your '03 cobra ABS sensors will work with a solid axle. They're completely different.

Thanks for the info, guess I need to use a tape measure rather then my eye measure. The GT/V6 sure look a whole lot smaller then a .6in

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
AdrianG said:
Has anybody seen this?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9677
Its a factory 8.8 for a foxbody minus the axles and brakes. Anybody know what else is needed??

Just a quick look, your going to need brake line, the rubber bushing that the upper control arms bolt through. Other then that at a quick glance I think that is about it.

You would be better off buying one out from under a car and save yourself some money. I would never pay 875 for a rear end with no axles or brakes. Thinking about it, I have a rear end for sale out of a 96 GT, disk to disk for 875 :lol: :lol:

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
TrickStang37 said:
cobra rear brake rotors are 11.7"

why are you giving up on the IRS?

Why does everyone. I am going to take the easy road. I have the 8.8 sitting here. So all I am looking at is buying the cat back and a couple other things. Where as with the IRS I am looking at a couple grand pretty easy.

Yes I have read both pills too:shrug:

Fuerza

Established Member
TrickStang37 said:
cobra rear brake rotors are 11.7"

why are you giving up on the IRS?

I want to drag race my car. If I can find someone to swap with me it will be cheaper in the long run.

TrickStang37

Established Member
junk94 said:
Why does everyone. I am going to take the easy road. I have the 8.8 sitting here. So all I am looking at is buying the cat back and a couple other things. Where as with the IRS I am looking at a couple grand pretty easy.

Yes I have read both pills too:shrug:
what was the IRS not doing?

Fuerza

Established Member
brasileiro said:
hey i have a 03 gt solid in my cobra right noww....that i want to swap a irs for so if your interested in a trade let me now

If you were closer and we could do the swap I would do it. I don't want to mess with shipping this thing. Thanks for the offer.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'd recommend finding a '99-04 rear. The added width is still barely enough to make any wheels look good. The narrower '94-98 rear will still work, but your wheels will stick on too far and look pretty funny. My buddy did that with his '04 and a '95 rearend. he had to run 1" spacers to make it look like it did before (3/4" difference per side between '98-older and '99-newer). Anyway, just an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread