smoothing out the Alcantara in 03 Cobra seats?

FSSNK

Established Member
The Alcantara fabric is starting to pill,pile,whatever the term is on my seats. I have tried fabric shavers and it has helped a little, but I cannot get it as smooth as it used to be. Any ideas besides to keep buying the shavers as I think the blades are dulling in the shaving process?

FSSNK

Established Member
Thanks. If anyone has done this can you post the grit used or other techniques.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I used a electrice face shaver lightly, the beard trimmer portion of it on my brothers Lightning. Unfortunately i doubt you be able to make it perfect because the balls are the fabric coming up, so making it better is really your only option. Oh and good luck finding any material, when i had an issue setting my seat on fire the company that made our seats when out of buisness. I had to buy a rear seat for material so that i could have the seat rebuilt

FSSNK

Established Member
I have the fabric almost smooth,but when you rub against the texture you can see the strands. Not like the other smooth parts. If anyone has done sandpaper please post up the grit or let me know if you were able to get it back to factory look conditions.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I dont have any pics but I used 1000 grit and it took the little stuff rite off and made it look brand new again. Do it you wont be disappointed!:banana:

FSSNK

Established Member
thanks everyone., I will try the 1000 grit sandpaper,hopefully it works!

FSSNK

Established Member
I dont have any pics but I used 1000 grit and it took the little stuff rite off and made it look brand new again. Do it you wont be disappointed!:banana:

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You! The 1000 grit paper made it like new again. I recommend this to anyone with messed up seats.:thumbsup:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Thank You,Thank You,Thank You! The 1000 grit paper made it like new again. I recommend this to anyone with messed up seats.:thumbsup:

No problem! I was a little worried the first time I did it, but couldnt argue with the results!

Ratchet

Established Member
I just tried this and I have to say I think it worked pretty well. My seats weren't real bad at all, but enough for me to notice it a lil bit. My drivers seat does look better now and is smoother with balls or clumps coming off the seat. :beer:

GTBill

Established Member
i used the electric shaver approach, the kind you use for the hair on your head. took all the clumps off and made the seat look 80% better.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I couldn't imagine taking sand paper to the seat, but I've used the electric shaver as well, pleased with the results.

FSSNK

Established Member
I can post some after shots later but dont have any before. Trust me., the sandpaper works great!

SVTDice

Established Member
I'd love to see some after shots. But yeah what kind of 1000 grit sandpaper did you use? And where did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread