Smooth intake tube????

FINICKY

Established Member
I did a search but didnt come up with much ....Does anyone make a smooth intake tube for the 03 cobra?... Companys seem to make them for every year cobra but ours

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by FINICKY
I did a search but didnt come up with much ....Does anyone make a smooth intake tube for the 03 cobra?... Companys seem to make them for every year cobra but ours

I'd like to know also, they look real nice.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Wonder about that sharp bend before the throttle body. Would be nicer if piece was made with a nice curve. Guess that's why stock piece is, but pretty hard to do that in increasing radius aluminum tube!

FINICKY

Established Member
I was kinda looking for something to just replace the stock tube ...I allready have the filter set up i want.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
well you have seen my morpheus pipe, but i know you dont need to replace the whole thing. i would check with western motorsports in canada, they should have a throttle body to MAF piece. http://www.wmsracing.com/ i would give them a ring and see if they have anything available. i checked right before i got my morpheus pipe and they didnt have anything available, but they could now, so who knows.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It's a good idea to replace that pipe with a smoother flowing one. I've looked at it a lot and it's not smooth.

The only thing I'd worry about with the ones offered are HEAT ... plus you don't want to change your stock MAF if you plan on doing more than intake and exhaust. The polished material would probably heat up and hold the heat and heat up the air in the tube. Our black plastic tube is helping reduce heat in the intake.

Someone should either design a straight plastic piece OR possibly a ceramic coated pipe if that would help with temps.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread