Smooth Deck lid for 13/14?

r103

Established Member
I know RTR has one. Does anyone else make one? Also I saw a pic of a white 13/14 with one that was painted to match does anyone have a pic like that? If so please post it.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
5ad337c73584858991dca888be831596.jpg

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Trufiber makes one as well but it doesn't fit cleanly on 13/14 because it's not concave

rmurer

Established Member
actually last i emailed RTR, maybe a month ago, they won't be making that deck panel anymore... or atleast they said they might... i don't trust that.

i've been wanting one real bad and it just seems like its not going to be released again.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
Trufiber makes one as well but it doesn't fit cleanly on 13/14 because it's not concave

It fits very cleanly, it just isn't concave and doesn't require permanent modification of the trunk lid. WTF, just because it doesn't have the concavity doesn't mean it has fitment issues...
khainecfdecklid%201.jpg

Repth

Established Member
It fits very cleanly, it just isn't concave and doesn't require permanent modification of the trunk lid. WTF, just because it doesn't have the concavity doesn't mean it has fitment issues...
khainecfdecklid%201.jpg
It may not have fitment issues in the sense that it fits like it was designed to, but it has fitment issues in the sense that it doesn't "fit in" with the lines of the car.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
It may not have fitment issues in the sense that it fits like it was designed to, but it has fitment issues in the sense that it doesn't "fit in" with the lines of the car.

Pure opinion, but the first thing people want to point out is that it has "fitment issues" which is incorrect. I like the RTR lid, but for the higher cost, wait time, and requirement to permanently modify the car; I also didn't want to have to warp it trying to get it back off to fix it when the paint bubbled and started flaking off either. When they come out with something new (possibly plastic - in rumors), I may re-evaluate getting one. Until then the TruCarbon decklid fits perfectly; and its style is a matter of personal opinion and not fitment.

If you don't like the option, that is perfectly fine.

Repth

Established Member
Pure opinion, but the first thing people want to point out is that it has "fitment issues" which is incorrect. I like the RTR lid, but for the higher cost, wait time, and requirement to permanently modify the car; I also didn't want to have to warp it trying to get it back off to fix it when the paint bubbled and started flaking off either. When they come out with something new (possibly plastic - in rumors), I may re-evaluate getting one. Until then the TruCarbon decklid fits perfectly; and its style is a matter of personal opinion and not fitment.

I figure it is implied when I say "it doesn't fit the lines of the car" that what I'm saying is "in my opinion, it does not sufficiently fit the lines of the car". I am glad you like it, do your thing bro. Cheers

DarkHorse305

Established Member

What are these rumors of a plastic RTR panel?

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
What are these rumors of a plastic RTR panel?

Vaughn Gittin Jr. recently joined a Coyote Facebook group to address the huge increase of owners who are experiencing the rust/paint flake issues and the problems with quality of the latest run of the RTR decklid. The deck lid was to be pulled temporarily from sales to be re-designed, and possibly re-manufactured out of new or different material; the rumor or conjecture was that they were looking at a possible plastic build to circumvent any paint problems in the future. Nothing has been confirmed, but it is being addressed as ACMR was flooded with people reporting the paint/rust problems with the current deck lid (post-CDC run).

rmurer

Established Member
Vaughn Gittin Jr. recently joined a Coyote Facebook group to address the huge increase of owners who are experiencing the rust/paint flake issues and the problems with quality of the latest run of the RTR decklid. The deck lid was to be pulled temporarily from sales to be re-designed, and possibly re-manufactured out of new or different material; the rumor or conjecture was that they were looking at a possible plastic build to circumvent any paint problems in the future. Nothing has been confirmed, but it is being addressed as ACMR was flooded with people reporting the paint/rust problems with the current deck lid (post-CDC run).

building on that, i've emailed them twice this year so far and they are unsure of when it will start going back into production... which sucks because i really want one :(

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
That really looks good! Details on how you did it?
Just had it prepped and painted correctly at a body shop. From what I have seen most people with rust problems never got them painted and or used a pressure washer or car wash.

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Just had it prepped and painted correctly at a body shop. From what I have seen most people with rust problems never got them painted and or used a pressure washer or car wash.

So, am I to assume that you do have the RTR piece and had it painted correctly? I should have been more clear. Thanks for the response.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
khainecfdecklid%201.jpg

Relax lol never said fitment issues did I? It just doesn't line up with the taillights like the RTR one... The protrusion is a definite no for me.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
By the end of next week I will have results/pictures of the custom job to fill in the holes (decklid panel holes, faux gas cap hump, and going wingless). This job was quoted by a shop with a good rep for $550-600. I had the RTR panel and it rusted on me. Vaughn Gittin Jr responded personally to our Facebook group and had his rep Jess handle the situation to make it right for those like me with a rusty panel. Jess gave us several options and I elected to take a refund and put towards this custom job. So Stand by for my results.

Doug Marbo

Established Member
Is that a factory trunk lid with the hump cut out and patched or is it an aftermarket trunk lid that didn't come with it at all? I like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread