Smoked headlights

fatalstrike

Established Member
The factory headlights on my car are getting kind of oxidized and i was thinking about switching to smoked just wondering if anyone had them on there car and would post pics.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Seriously if you scuff yours and throw a light coat of tint spray on them they'll look brand new. I think the paint fills in the small scratches. You don't even have to tint them dark- just a light coat will make them look awesome you won't believe it. I did my car with model car window tint from a hobby store. Cost me about $5.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
Seriously if you scuff yours and throw a light coat of tint spray on them they'll look brand new. I think the paint fills in the small scratches. You don't even have to tint them dark- just a light coat will make them look awesome you won't believe it. I did my car with model car window tint from a hobby store. Cost me about $5.

whats the product that you used...do you have any pics...i really need to try to fix mine i haven't even been driving my car at night cuz it is so bad

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I can't post pics at work, but I can get a couple up when I get home. It was a tiny can and they should sell it at hobby shops that deal with model cars. Just ask for model car window tint- they'll get ya what you need. Mine came out awesome IMO. I need to redo my headlights, but my tails look good. I'll get a pic of the headlights/ tails when I get home. I buffed the headlights a little too quick after painting them and took a little of the paint off, too. Basically, you just spray on a few light coats, then wet sand smooth. You might want to clear them, too and wet sand/ polish/ glaze it. I'll get a pic of heads and tails tonight for ya.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I can't post pics at work, but I can get a couple up when I get home. It was a tiny can and they should sell it at hobby shops that deal with model cars. Just ask for model car window tint- they'll get ya what you need. Mine came out awesome IMO. I need to redo my headlights, but my tails look good. I'll get a pic of the headlights/ tails when I get home. I buffed the headlights a little too quick after painting them and took a little of the paint off, too. Basically, you just spray on a few light coats, then wet sand smooth. You might want to clear them, too and wet sand/ polish/ glaze it. I'll get a pic of heads and tails tonight for ya.

that stuff fades extremely easy..

within a year they'll be back to stock

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Most people complain about BOI but I'm yet to have issues, my cars are also garage kept and average about 3k miles a summer so they don't see much elements

My 96 Mystic

My 98 Cobra

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
People dislike their fogs and their business practices. Their headlights seem to be of good quality (mine have held up great, I've had them a year and over 15k miles).

Users who are viewing this thread