Smoked Headlight Install...Do you like or dislike?

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
I got a pair of smoked headlights from Mustangtuning.com and was wondering what you all think. I figured I would do a short little install guide to show how simple it was for all who haven't done a headlight swap before. I've always been afraid to upgrade lights as most look pretty ricey; hopefully these don't... I personally think it looks far better than stock. I snapped some pix with the stock lights, smoked lights and stock bulbs, and finally smoked lights with Stealth Bulbs... Enjoy :banana:

-Aaron

Before and after
sidebyside.jpg

Stock headlights
front.jpg

Bye bye amber :xpl:
leftfrontstock.jpg

poppinghood.jpg

Pull the headlight pins out
pullingpinsup.jpg

Slide headlight out
pullinglightout.jpg

Disconnect wires
unplugbulbs.jpg

DONE~! :pepper: :pepper:
PICT3298.jpg

PICT3293.jpg

With Stealth Bulbs in
PICT3299.jpg

PICT3303.jpg

Orlandostang

Established Member
Where did you get the stealth bulbs? Do they light up yellow? Sorry, I'm out of the loop on this one. I have those same headlights and I think they look great especially with the stealth bulbs. Thanks

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
xanavisilvia said:
Looks good. Specially on a black Cobra.

+1 Lookin' GOOD! It changes the whole look of the front of the car and makes it look sooooo much better :beer:

Putting in 01+ smoked headlights was one of my favorite mods on my black Cobra. :thumbsup:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind replies guys! I appreciate it. :beer:

Here are 2 more pix.. Since my car is all black I figured headlights with black housings was the only way to go.. IMO, the chrome didn't look too good with an all black car.
PICT3268.jpg

PICT3269.jpg

Last edited:

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
Nice... sweet car too. Question though: Are those lenses not smoked, or is it just me? I can obviously see that you got the black housings, but the lenses sure look just as clear as the stockers...

Also, have you considered going with the smoked fog lights as well? I would also like to know what you think of those stealth bulbs!

Redhot91gt

Established Member
Fastphil said:
Nice... sweet car too. Question though: Are those lenses not smoked, or is it just me? I can obviously see that you got the black housings, but the lenses sure look just as clear as the stockers...

Also, have you considered going with the smoked fog lights as well? I would also like to know what you think of those stealth bulbs!
I think the 01+ are considered smoked, even the stockers. Its cause they have a darker background not the mirror/reflective. Im not 100% sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread