Smoked an STI

Cobie03

Established Member
Really wasn't much of a race to be honest with all of you, just thought I would post it for the hell of it. I was coming home late last night on a local highway when I see these bright HID lights coming up fast behind. So I thought to myself Beemer or Benz maybe? I slowed down to 50 to see what it was and it was a wrx sti (I let the car get in front of me so I saw the big wing and the sti on the back). The car was silver with blue neon lighting on the under carriage :rolleyes: and a huge fart can muffler. We then both slow down to about 45 and he throws a rev at me, so I'm like ok he wants to go OK. He gives 3 honks and we take off.............left the guy like he was standing still. I shut down at 120 and waited for him to catch up (he was waaay back there so I thought maybe he wasn't ready or something). We line up again and the same outcome, but this time I let him get the jump and in 3rd gear I pulled him ridiculously hard and passed him with ease. My exit came up and gave him the thumbs out, but I don't think he returned the favor :shrug:. And I just gotta say it was very cold out and boy does the car run strong in cold, just like all forced induction cars. :thumbsup: Just thought I would share this little run with you guys. :beer:

Tman

Established Member
Nice kill man, those STi's are pretty fast cars!! I just about bought one before my Cobra but the 4dr thing just didnt work for me even though the potential of these cars is unbelievable. What do you run in the 1/4? :thumbsup:

Cobie03

Established Member
Tman said:
Nice kill man, those STi's are pretty fast cars!! I just about bought one before my Cobra but the 4dr thing just didnt work for me even though the potential of these cars is unbelievable. What do you run in the 1/4? :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I took the car to E-town and only got one run in with the blower on it (so freaking crowded). It was survivor series, Imports vs. Domestics I ran a 12.6@126mph. With alittle more practice on the launches I can get that down some. Also I am adding some 4.10s to replace the 3.73s I got in the car now. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread