Smoke?

julio

Established Member
Have any of you guys' 03 Cobra smoke on start-up ater it has sat or few days? I ask because my buddies 03 Mach 1 did this yesterday, blue smoke, cleared out fairly quick though and he only has 400 miles on the Mach1. I have seen any smoke out of my Cobra yet and it has 500 miles on it....

POISNUS

Established Member
I have saw some blue smoke one time. I don't even look now. It's still under warranty. I don't want the parts changers at the dealer to mess with it (sorry to those who are techs, its just that most are not very good mechanics, from my experience).

Jason

i8u

Established Member
Blue smoke= burning oil

If it does it on acell, it is the rings......decell it's the valve guides.

I bet it is just the rings in the process of seating. Keep an eye on the oil level. How many miles on the car?

:beer:

03rocks

Established Member
My 96 Cobra burned oil from day one. By the time the '03 came out I was startin to get a bit nervous about how long that motor was going to hang in there. It used a quart for every 4 fill ups.

Bobby Adams

Established Member
Just the motor breaking in. I've seen it a thousand times and I promise it will go away when more miles get put on the car. Just my 2 cents as I have owned 8 Mustangs all 5.0's except my Cobra. All have done this upon break in.

Users who are viewing this thread