Smoke Comes Out When I Rev

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
I've noticed that when I rev, usually above 3k RPM - redline, smoke comes out of exhaust. The car isnt burning oil and has been running perfectly fine. Any idea on what it is? Mods are in the sig. Headgaskets were replaced with aftermarket gaskets before I bought the car when the engine was torn down.

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Smokes while you reving or on the way down from the rev?
On the way up only. It smells strongly of gasoline. Oil level doesnt really change, I've only had to fill it up with half a quart maybe once after about 2000 miles after an oil change.

I dont know if the car is tuned or not either with this setup, it was tuned when it had its supercharger on. The car has an ungraded fuel pump and injectors as well, I have to call the previous owner to find out exactly what they are.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
ya it's not because of the O/R pipe, but I've noticed the exhaust fumes are strong when the cats are off too, only smell it when the windows are down at a standstill and it's more noticeable than some other GT's that my friend's have with no cats, anyway to get rid of this? tune maybe?

Last edited:

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
Would swapping down to smaller injectors help remedy this? I think the owner told me that they are either 24lbs/hr injectors opened up to 42lbs/hr or they are actually 42lbs/hr injector. And the fuel pump may be a Focus fuel pump. All because it was supercharged.

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
Alright, after making that video early, I had to add about half of quart of oil (low oil light came one, checked dipstick) so obviously, its burning oil. What can remedy this?

Users who are viewing this thread