Smoke at wot normal?

ridenfish39

Established Member
Mods in sig........

I get a cloud of black smoke when I stomp on the gas. If I do a second pull. it doesn't do it again. Bama said it was normal and my datalog looked fine, so they didn't need to send me a tune revision. I know everyone here hates on Bama but they have been ok with me, they got back to me and answered any of my questions quickly.
I am considering getting a tune from JPC soon, I'm curious to see if the car feels better with it.
I don't beat on my car all that much (maybe that's the problem lol). The car runs strong, idles and drives perfectly and gets 26mpg at 70. I burn about a quart of oil every 3k miles though, even though I have 20k on the car now. I'm switching away from Mobil One to Amsoil so i hope that will help out with the consumption.

65sohc

Established Member
Mods in sig........

I get a cloud of black smoke when I stomp on the gas. If I do a second pull. it doesn't do it again. .
I don't beat on my car all that much (maybe that's the problem lol).

It's called an Italian tuneup.

ridenfish39

Established Member
Mine has been an oil burner from day one...it was actually worse when I first got it. There's a million threads on oil consumption.....I questioned it at the dealer and Ford said it's normal LOL

Been thinking of trading it for a 14 anyway.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread