Smog!!!!!!!!!!

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
i was wondering if there were guys in the nor cal area on here who illegally smog there car. if so pm me. i know its kinda sketchy asking on here but i need it! my stang will not pass smog and i have tried everything to get it to pass. my reg ended in july and i need to get it smogged bad! so please any help would be awesome! thanks

5point0guy

Established Member
Why doesn't it pass smog? Not to be an ass or anything but judging by your 1/4 mile time it sounds like your car is pretty stock and so there shouldn't be a problem passing a smog test.

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
i seriously dont know. its got stock h pipe and intake on it. it idles low. u think that could be a reason for it to fail?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
did you get a readout?

if you can scan it and post it or email it to me, i can get in touch with my smog buddy and get some pointers. No, hes not gonna hook you up, but hes really good when it comes to diagnosing why cars dont pass smog and how to take corrective action.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
when you say stock h-pipe etc do you mean original, if so you prob. need new cats to clean up the exhaust

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
i will upload it tomorrow. i tapped on the cats and they dont sound hollowed out and the honeycomb is still in good shape. i only put the stock h on for smog other wise i have an o/r x

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its probably something simple and not cat-related.

any exhaust leaks?

plugs changed recently?

Seafoamed lately?

all the smog shit hooked up and working properly?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
when you hand them your keys hand them a 5 dollar bill, and tell them theres is more where that came from!!

Users who are viewing this thread