smog

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
AIR INJECTIONi know someone as asked this but who has removed the AIR INJECTION and is there anything that i need to watch or can i rip all that crap off and is all that crap in front of the motor part off it too or do i have to leave that there

Last edited:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
are you talking about the air injection sys, and air pump. if so, yes you can rip all that stuff out. get yourself a repair man from advanced. you will need a tune to turn the cel off afterwords though.

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
ya thats what iam talking about will it still run when its off it has to go get re tuned anyway can i drive it there??

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
what do you do with the lines on top off those round things on front of the motor plug them off or something else and the same with the headders

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
at first i temp. cut some metal and jb welded it along with the two bolts and closed the tubes off. did this becuase i saw no other way to get to where they were hooked up to the manifolds. once i did my long tube header install i just capped those bungs off.

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
you are talking about my headers right they are aftermarket and think that tube just treads in i have not taking a close look at it yet but if thats the case i can just plug them off right what about the vacum lines in front of the motor

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
yeah, you can cap them off if you can get to them. trace the vacume lines back up to the driver side of you intake. you can get rid of them and what they hook up too. cant remember what it is called but it sits behind your egr valve, if you still have one. you can ditch all that stuff.

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
sweet thanks man ya i think the egr is still there there is nothing spacial about delete the ac is there just unplug the wires and leave them there

Last edited:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
sweet thanks man ya i think the egr is still there there is nothing spacial about delete the ac is there just unplug the wires and leave them there

yeah, i just unpluged it all and tucked the plug back under the fuel rail. good luck, and delete that egr crap to clean it up a bit more under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread