Smog Mid-pipe Q?

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
I passed smog with mine every two years for 12 years with no problems. With a $ 14 to $19 dollar test only smog station that I picked out of the weekly penny saver.

On a visual, most don’t really know that it’s not a stock system! The main thing I tell people is, keep your mouth shut about your car! Just go through the process and as far as everyone is concerned it’s stock, period!

Depending on the type of tune you have on the Diablo, you might have to set that back to the stock perimeters!

Last edited:

svtaddict

Established Member
just drive it for like an hour going like seventy to eighty right before you get there to really heat up the cats i read somewhere that people put a bottle of rubbing alcohol in their tanks too but i havent tried it so dont hold me to it

101blur

Established Member
just drive it for like an hour going like seventy to eighty right before you get there to really heat up the cats i read somewhere that people put a bottle of rubbing alcohol in their tanks too but i havent tried it so dont hold me to it

^^^^ this and make sure your car is running tip top oil change things like this will help produce a cleaner running car.

ninty9cobra

Established Member
Do a oil change before you smog it will get rid of the hydrocarbons in your oil. You don't want to take your car when its too hot it will raise the Nox readings

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Just do what the guys said and you should pass. My friend who have 04 cobra with bassani catted x passed. Just make sure the car is nice and hot at the time of the test. Drive the car hard for 20mins to to get the cats hot.

Users who are viewing this thread