Smithsonian D.O.I. Fail.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Does anyone else find this funny and ironic engineers will pick it out quick. Smithsonian Fail.

Welcome to the Department of Innovation | Department of Innovation

department-innovation-logo.jpg

Fixed version after emails to DOI.
InnovationBlogPost.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Not an engineer, but the spacing between the bottom gear and the right gear was changed being that if they left it, the rotation they were trying to infer would be impossible, as two of the gears would be working against the other one.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow. glad i dedicated 30 seconds of my life to seeing this. hat anyone actually e-mailed them over that is just sad. that they "fixed" it is even more sad. are they gonna complain about those massive tolerances next?

bleedout

Established Member
wow. glad i dedicated 30 seconds of my life to seeing this. hat anyone actually e-mailed them over that is just sad. that they "fixed" it is even more sad. are they gonna complain about those massive tolerances next?

^^^lol, wtf:shrug:............. glad i atleast got a laugh from reading ur post man

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
i lol'd, that first pic should be the official symbol of the US Government.

I have a feeling that was the point but some moronic engineers couldn't get the pun and thought, hey that won't work...must write a letter. It's a gridlock that our government is in and shouldn't even be considered from an engineering standpoint. It's par for the course though, 90% of all engineers have no common sense. Someone with on the job experience can tell them something won't work or find a better way because of past experience, but the engineer is going to spend god knows how much time and money to figure that out. There is a reason that most breakthrough creations are created by the average joe with just a basic understanding and a passion, just sucks they have to find the funding and then the accredited engineers get their worthless palms in on the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread